StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have any ideas on cupholders. I have a long trip planned and need my morning mud. I also have SW motech crash bars i was thinking might work for a mounting area.
What works and dosen't work, and where to buy?
Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
A local guy here has an interesting one. He has two rods coming out of the unused top holes in the H-bracket of the windshield. The rods are welded to a 3" ring cut from a stainless steel pipe. He claims it work perfectly.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Sounds cool. But if you really want to farkle it up, that mounting method should be matched to a gimballed Bar Buoy drink holder. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I'd check out the boat supply places - they have all kinds of holders for unsteady conditions. The windshield mount sounds like a good option, or I'd try something off the center part of the bars.

I'd be a little concerned about mounting on the Motechs - they seem low and a bit of a stretch. Plus the likelihood of road stuff fouling the rim of your cup.

I just saw my first coffee-drinking rider the other day on a Goldwing - pulled up to the stoplight, took a couple of gulps, then was off at the green. I'm sure cupholders are standard on those!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I've got the Power Clamp Drink Holder from Aerostitch. I think they're about $20.00 a copy. It was given to me, but they are available online at their website or via their catalog. All it requires is a ball mount. I've got one that attaches to the front brake reservoir. The lever has a screw adjustment to fit whatever size ball mount you have. The holder works well with a 20 oz. drink cup that widens from top to bottom. I have an insulated coffee cup that holds ice and water for a pretty long time. Every time I stop I recharge it with ice and water. The whole thing fits nicely without being in the way of anything, and installs in minutes without having to make any modifications. My $.02 as a satisfied owner.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I knew there was another good reason I bought the modular full face helmet!:rolleyes:

I think I have an extra Bar Buoy "mug sized" holder in the basement. If not, I know where there's a Boating World store. :cool:

·
Registered
674 Posts
I got one from the Hyperlites site. It is fantastic. Besides being able to get a drink with my lunch to haul home or to work it is a great place to put my gloves, sun glasses or anything else that just needs a spot for a minute. No more glasses galling off the seat or tank. It was cheap and it works great. I also user it on my camp chair. Very versitle.

http://www.hyperlites.com/bikercup.html

Oh, and it is insulated and has a drain hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts