StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
From what I've watched or read, there seems to be no middle ground on CSC products. People seem to fall either into the 'it's a decent ride for the money' camp (which, to me, isn't exactly a ringing endorsement) or the 'just more Chinese junk' camp.

I keep waiting for some Chinese brand to break away from the pack and offer something that's widely considered to be a value-for-money option. Maybe CSC is as close as we have right now...at least they've been around a while and are actually located on-shore. But the jury's still out for me.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I wanted something for the cost of my stimulus check. The CSC seemed the most sorted out. Late last year I got to ride with a guy that had a new RX4. It was really quite nice. He got it with all options for $7,000. Really hard to beat the price. Time will tell and I’ll post what I learn here. So far 2” Rox Risers and Tusk hand guards have been added.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a nice bike, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with it. Another good quality Chinese bike is the Brozz at $1950

·
Registered
296 Posts
Give your local police a call and explain the situation. Ask if carrying the receipt and title will be ok until the DMV opens. I'll bet they ok it.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
I've picked up a brochure for the RX4. It's got a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. Just the thing to whip off to Alaska on if you have the time. It's also got a 5.3 gallon tank.
At times I'm almost tempted to swap my G650GS BMW for one. There are some foibles about the BMW design that the Honda version the CSC seems to be doesn't have, and it's a lot less expensive for the whole gonzo package.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've picked up a brochure for the RX4. It's got a 2 year unlimited mileage warranty. Just the thing to whip off to Alaska on if you have the time. It's also got a 5.3 gallon tank.
At times I'm almost tempted to swap my G650GS BMW for one. There are some foibles about the BMW design that the Honda version the CSC seems to be doesn't have, and it's a lot less expensive for the whole gonzo package.
I was impressed by the one I saw in the wild. Had all the extras on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another good quality Chinese bike is the Brozz at $1950
Not only does it have upside down forks and an air-cooled engine, but a kick starter too! Modern and retro!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Well I called the local PD and they said it was okay to ride it without the registration. I took it out on the city streets today and it now has 37 miles on it. First impressions: gearing is really low. 5,000 rpm in fifth gear is about 42 mph. The seat seems ok so far. Feels small. It would be a good commuter bike. The seat height isn’t bad for me I’m 5’11”.

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
5K rpm at 42 mph. Sounds like the BMW 310 I rode. Screaming away and not going very fast.
I'd forgotten what little bikes were like.
Actually my G650BMW single loafs at 65 mph lower than the Wee does and i put a 16 tooth sprocket in front and it lowered the rpm 500.
Your 250 looks like it's eager to go romp around on some of the desert dirt roads.

i need to find a front fender like that to modify for the Wee so i can run the MotoZ Adventure tire I got.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've seen a few of the TT250 bikes and I think that is the nicest color combo I have seen. I think they come stock with a 50 tooth rear, and a lot are going with a 44 or 45 tooth because of the low gearing. It would probably climb just about anything though. 😁

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had the Brozz 250 Chinese bike for a while and loved it. It shared the same engine as the TT250 and my top speed stock was 64mph, but the brozz came with a 17-46 combo. After some changes my top speed went to 78mph. I was surprised by the reliability of the bike, a lot fasteners were hardened bolts too and I believe the TT was the same quality or better. It seems CSC tried to be the leader in this market of bikes.

·
Administrator
16,825 Posts
I'm sure ya'll have noticed my housekeeping in this thread, if you want to post political responses at will........go to the Arena, any more here and I will give out infractions.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've often wondered how good the oil was that came in these bikes. I changed mine out before I even started it. Post up the results if you don't mind, curious mind want to know 😀

21 - 40 of 62 Posts