StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Look forward to seeing what you think. I toyed with the idea of getting their RX3 adv bike, but Everide's Youtube review put me off. The suspension was his biggest gripe, I assume it's quite different from this bike's.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I got it off the skid. Checked the oil and gas and it started right up. Took it around the block and it seems to run well. Waiting for paperwork and see if I can get plates while the DMV is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
I have a brand new 2017 in the garage that was part of a project .it's companion is out there working for fine. My son is not riding now so the TT250 needs a home. Value for money is good. Was imported legally. Pretty tough machine and full sized. Nice little touches and I'm sure they'be gotten better as far as farkles but same basic world engine ...a copy of the Honda 250.

lots on the China Riders forum

·
Administrator
5,386 Posts
Surely the HP know that the DMV is closed?
Alternatively, Nevada DMV Online Vehicle Registration

There is also this: “No one is going to face a penalty because they are unable to complete a DMV transaction,” said DMV Director Julie Butler. “At the same time, however, we’re encouraging customers to complete their business online, if at all possible, to help avoid backlogs once services are fully restored.” Nevada DMV grants 90-day license and registration extensions for those unable to renew

Perhaps different though if you bought the bike out of Nevada.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Surely the HP know that the DMV is closed?
Alternatively, Nevada DMV Online Vehicle Registration

There is also this: “No one is going to face a penalty because they are unable to complete a DMV transaction,” said DMV Director Julie Butler. “At the same time, however, we’re encouraging customers to complete their business online, if at all possible, to help avoid backlogs once services are fully restored.” Nevada DMV grants 90-day license and registration extensions for those unable to renew

Perhaps different though if you bought the bike out of Nevada.
Since it was bought out of state the DMV must verify the VIN number and all offices are closed. Talked to a new motorcycle dealer today and they can’t issue a temporary tag for it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
So DMV Director Julie Butler's statement is BS?
Bureaucrats - happy to make bold statements that sound great but have no foundation in fact. :cautious:
Go re-read what she said.
She didn't say plates for new vehicles would be issued.
She didn't say you wouldn't get a ticket.

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
O.K. fine, but she did say “No one is going to face a penalty because they are unable to complete a DMV transaction,” said DMV Director Julie Butler." Seems clear to me.
Yep, she clearly means a DMV penalty. :)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What they are saying is if your registration runs out or your temporary tag lapses there won't be a problem. Once again I bought a new bike out of state. If I would have bought new from a dealer in my state they could issue a temporary tag and all would be well. I just have to wait for the DMV to open.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Out of state you also have to prove sales tax was paid in the transaction or pay it at DMV when you do the registration.
Surprised though The dealer did not issue you a temporary for transit even though it came on a Skid.
Tony rode his back to Vegas when it picked it up in person.
He get a temp or pull a fast one and put a plate on from one of his other bikes?
I’m not saying I would do this and chance it with PD on the 650 I picked up recently.
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Out of state you also have to prove sales tax was paid in the transaction or pay it at DMV when you do the registration.
Surprised though The dealer did not issue you a temporary for transit even though it came on a Skid.
Tony rode his back to Vegas when it picked it up in person.
He get a temp or pull a fast one and put a plate on from one of his other bikes?
I’m not saying I would do this and chance it with PD on the 650 I picked up recently.
Mike

I got insurance on it anyway. I suppose I could use another plate but...

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Have wifey or another one of the guys follow so you have a blocker and unless you do something that draws PDs attention, they have better things to do.
Just roll out to the Res. and back for a drink.
Mike

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks rugged. Also looks like a wheelie monster with that short swingarm. :D

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Using another bike's tag in Alabama can get your vehicle impounded, if caught...…….not that I have done that...…..ever...……..like, last month. Was standing in line at DMV a few years ago talking to a "gentleman" who had that happen to him...….he was there trying to get a new tag for the impounded work vehicle (with all his work tools in it).

·
Registered
14,886 Posts
I've visited the CSC place. The bikes do look good. Starting to see more of them on the road in the local area.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looks cool man. What is the ground clearance and suspension travel?
It makes me think of what a revamped DR650 could look like

1 - 20 of 62 Posts