StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a reliable cruise control kit for gen 2 wee’s (09) Fully auto not an assist. Thanks in advance.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,153 Posts
The Rostra or Audiovox work well. They are the same unit, just branded differently. You want the electronic version, not the vacuum version.

Cruise Control

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I'm 99% sure MC cruise do a plug & play system for your bike but they are not cheep.

I have one on my V2 and it works great, it has saved me form many speeding tickets so has paid for itself.

·
Registered
14,178 Posts
"it has saved me form many speeding tickets so has paid for itself."

I find that riding within a few MPH of the speed limit does the same with the Go Cruise.
but on those little back roads in the Midwest it's best to be even more diligent about the posted limit.

·
Super Moderator
16,886 Posts
I'm 99% sure MC cruise do a plug & play system for your bike but they are not cheep.

I have one on my V2 and it works great, it has saved me form many speeding tickets so has paid for itself.
Once I do my suspension upgrades, I am seriously thinking of going with that CC system.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I doubt MC Cruise completely plug and play, but you will get install support that relates to your motorcycle. The Rostra/AudioVox only has support from this forum and ADV. Cost for Rostra with control panel 300-400. Cost for MC Cruise is around 800-900. The MC Cruise looks like a more refined product, but my experience is with the Rostra/AudioVox system. Both are game changers for long rides with sore right wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,153 Posts
I think your pricing....needs updated! Rostra Cruise Control and the Switch Module.

$212

That should be enough to get started. You will have to fab up a bracket to mount the switch module, or mount it on a flat surface.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I doubt MC Cruise completely plug and play, but you will get install support that relates to your motorcycle. The Rostra/AudioVox only has support from this forum and ADV. Cost for Rostra with control panel 300-400. Cost for MC Cruise is around 800-900. The MC Cruise looks like a more refined product, but my experience is with the Rostra/AudioVox system. Both are game changers for long rides with sore right wrists.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I say plug & I mean no fabrication required no splicing of wires required.

All wires have Suzuki matching plugs so you unplug the Suzuki plug and push in the MC plug it's that easy.

You do need to disconnect the throttle cables and join them to the MC system but again you don't need to make anything.

The instructions are very comprehensive with lots of pictures, if you have any questions they love their Strom's and are very happy to help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts