StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
This seems a bit strange. I just received the Cruise2 and it does not work on my 09 Wee. If I turn down to the tightest so it doesn't slowly return to idle - it is took tight to set when riding! It I keep the tightness enough so I can easily set it with my index or thumb - it simply will not hold the throttle at and constant speed at all! I do have the silicon ring installed and I tried it with out the ring. Nothing works. Suggestions? I am going to sell it or return it to Amazon if I cannot resolve it!

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
This seems a bit strange. I just received the Cruise2 and it does not work on my 09 Wee. If I turn down to the tightest so it doesn't slowly return to idle - it is took tight to set when riding! It I keep the tightness enough so I can easily set it with my index or thumb - it simply will not hold the throttle at and constant speed at all! I do have the silicon ring installed and I tried it with out the ring. Nothing works. Suggestions? I am going to sell it or return it to Amazon if I cannot resolve it!
I know others have had good luck with these but I have tried the original plastic Go Cruise and the Omni-Cruise, neither worked well for me. The Go Cruise worked the best but I had to run a zip tie thru one of the holes and then tighten it pretty good, but the zip tie usually had to be replaced frequently. I finally gave up and purchased a Kaoko.

YMMV

·
Registered
294 Posts
Can you use the Kaoka work with hand guards?? I have the Touratech brand and do not want to purchase something I cannot use!

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
These things are illegal in most countries.

They should be illegal here too.

You should ask your insurance company of you are covered if you use one.

·
Administrator
16,973 Posts

Maybe motorcycles should be illegal too, I hear they are dangerous? :frown:

·
Registered
3,795 Posts

Can you cite some sources for this claim?

Why do you think that they should be illegal here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
motorcycle throttle control go cruise throttle control works ok for me. i recommend.

-------------------------------------------
V-Strom (Suzuki DL1000) | Fuelly
I just received my GoCruise 2 universal throttle lock for my 2018 Vstrom 650 DL. My issue is having the bark buster hand guards already on and the discovery it's not apparently very simple to remove one bolt at tip of accelerator/hand guard. Has anyone found a suitable alternative to the silicon ring that comes with the GoCrusie...or is that just a must, and I'll have to take the bike into the service dept...? Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, I just tried and I suppose it will work on these OEM grips. Seems to be a fine balance btw tightness and the ability to move into place and avoid change in acceleration. Wondering also if i simply cut the silicon ring so it can easily be attached, which seems like an easy solution...?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts