StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get the newer electronic cruise control but I am wonder what solutions are out there for mounting it to the handlebars. Does anyone make a specific bracket for it? I'd like a clean install. Or is it pretty easy to attach?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
If it's the one that looks like the picture, a 1-1/2" aluminum angle is pretty easy to mock up. A hole in the top for the mirror stalk and a slot in the front for the wires does the trick. http://www.murpskits.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1_90&products_id=72 shows a commercial one. Somebody said it only fits the DL1000 but I see no reason why it wouldn't fit the DL650. It isn't that complex a shape. It may stick out more but it's too far a reach for the thumb while holding the grip in any case.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
I just ordered the electronic cruise today (Rostra). I can't mount it where greywolf has b/c I've already got switches for heated grips and heated gear there. I'm going to mount it on the left mirror stalk, but forward and to the left, so it sits over the flash to pass lever. That way I should be able to work it with my left thumb without letting go of the hand grip. I will take pics during the install.
I bought it from http://www.brandondist.com/ for $203.14, cruise unit and switch, plus shipping. Should be here in 4 days or so.
I tried really hard to buy locally but, after much research, I could only find one distributor and they wanted over double that price. :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to mount it on the left mirror stalk, but forward and to the left, so it sits over the flash to pass lever. That way I should be able to work it with my left thumb without letting go of the hand grip. I will take pics during the install.
Please document your install - that's exactly where I'd like to have mine. I hope you have success!

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Please document your install - that's exactly where I'd like to have mine. I hope you have success!
I'll have my camera at the ready. Cruise hasn't arrived yet. Hopefully pick it up this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts