StromTrooper banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know this is not a V-Strom question. But here goes anyway. I installed a cruise control on my wife's naked SV650 a while back. I initially installed the cruise control with just the coil signal it worked well initially. However it has recently been flaky (I think this is associated with hot weather) so I decided to try using the gray wire to the VSS wire. On the SV650 this was the pink wire with white stripe in the headlight. The pink/white wire is tapped by the gray and is not disconnected.

I used the same wiring as outlined in this post

http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,4611.0.html

The cruise control works great with the gray wire running to the pink and white wire.......but..... no speedometer and no odometer, the speedometer shows 0 and the odometer does not move. When I disconnect the gray wire from the pink and white wire I have a working speedometer but of course no cruise.

I suspect that the problem is associated with the V-Strom having an analog speedometer display while the SV650 display is digital with LCD for speed. I am thinking about trying an adjustable resistor. Perhaps if I can find the right level of resistance there will be a point at which the cruise control and speedometer both function. Any comment? Any other ideas or work arounds?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts