StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got back from my cross country adventure. Started here in DC and went up and down the continental U.S. solo.
My ride is an 07 650 in blue
givi 36L cases and a custom pelican 1600 mount on the back and a huge tank bag that got ripped off in oakland, CA!
I had to replace the chain in olympia, washington and got a new tire in LA.
I did oil changes in South dakota, Montana, california, and texas.
I rode the entire PCH which was way more intense than I thought it would be!
I spent two weeks exploring colorado.
And spent some time in LA to see what the fuss is all about.
Pics are on the way!
Cheers

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
To say I'm envious would be a gross understatement. Looks like time well spent. Sorry to hear about the tankbag, I worry about mine from time to time.

Was this on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just south of the highest point in NC?

I wish I could get three and a half days off work.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
What's happening here?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes it was! Probably one of the best signs I saw on the entire trip. Made me just want to ghost ride the strom!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Great photos! Thanks for sharing them!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
tank bag ripped off

Vstroms don't seem to be the usual targets for thieves.
I've been lucky I guess with no problems on my travels.
Too bad about your bag. What a pain when you're on a big trip to loose crucial stuff.
What were the details? day light ? We're you parked in a visible and public location?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vstroms don't seem to be the usual targets for thieves.
I've been lucky I guess with no problems on my travels.
Too bad about your bag. What a pain when you're on a big trip to loose crucial stuff.
What were the details? day light ? We're you parked in a visible and public location?

well it happened the night of july the 4th in the very early morning hours it was parked on the street in front of my friends house. They didnt get anything good.
Just some cheap rain pants and a few useless trinkets
I now have a much smaller magnetic bag

·
Registered
116 Posts
long trip

That's a long trip.I notice you have no hand guards.Why is that?They seem to be a common add on.I would think they would help keep the wind and cold off your hands.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's a long trip.I notice you have no hand guards.Why is that?They seem to be a common add on.I would think they would help keep the wind and cold off your hands.
well Ive never had a bike with hand-guards before so I never really considered them. I was more concerned with a center-stand and luggage before I left.

But I am going to attempt to ride all winter this year so I will be putting some on soon! They do seem great for the cold.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Was this on the Blue Ridge Parkway, just south of the highest point in NC?

Norm
This is one of my favorite signs. I don't remember where I saw one, but it wasn't that long ago and unfortunately not on the BRP. It just makes me laugh.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks for sharing all the photos. If you have the time/will and have any further stories, thoughts, musings, diatribes or the like I'd love to hear them (and am probably not alone in the sentiment). :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts