1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Official thread at Advrider.

Date: September 25-27.
http://www.vtstateparks.com/htm/silver.cfm

Directions and map from link above. They also give lat/long for the entrance.

Last year there were 5-6 V-Stroms and at least 3 more guys I knew from last year on different bikes will be showing up on V-Stroms this year: they've been assimilated. There should be some great rides each day.

This will be a bikes only event. You must arrive at Silver Lake State Park on a motorcycle. Their rule, not mine. If you need to do something differently, as long as too many people don't ask, I may, that is may, be able to help find you a place to leave a vehicle. They just do not have space for more than the bikes and I think that may be tantamount to how they are letting us use the facility when it is officially closed. Quarters may be doubled or tripled up depending on our numbers, but they don't have a problem with that and we hope you don't either.

I think the event will cost you a cool $30 and will include the tenting facility, head and a fire Friday and Saturday night, and a 2009 sticker. Unfortunately, the late notice from Silver Towers cost us the kitchen facility. But the good news is one of the inmates here is a traveling chef along with his SO. Graciously, he has offered to provide the following:

We will provide pulled pork sandwiches, baked beans, slaw, cornbread, and watermelon for dessert, and will request a donation to Dana-Farber (by way of the Pan Mass Challenge) for $15 per person. Personal checks will be OK (made out to PMC) and the donation is 100% tax-deductible (we'll have receipts for those that want one).

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Since it's in my backyard I would feel guilty not going for at least a bit of a ride.:)

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on paying in. It's only $30 and $15 for the Sat dinner, which is a tax deduction.

shrineclown said:
Update 9/9/9
You can start sending your $30 paypal payments to [email protected] on Friday 9/11.The account needs to be confirmed as of yet, but will be ready to take payments by Friday. If it is ready sooner than that I will post it here.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Thanks Dana, Just sent my PayPal payment. I'll be there and I hope more of us will be too! Jack? Camping..........Food...........Bourbon..........Storytelling.............Fire...............Motorcycle riding....................

Mike, are you camping out?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will be there with my KLR...

the Vee is going to VT today for the Green Mountain Rally.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Thanks Dana, Just sent my PayPal payment. I'll be there and I hope more of us will be too! Jack? Camping..........Food...........Bourbon..........Storytelling.............Fire...............Motorcycle riding....................

Mike, are you camping out?
Tom, I think it would be much safer if you did those things in this order: motorcycle riding, camping, fire, food, bourbon and storytelling. Sleep?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Tom, I think it would be much safer if you did those things in this order: motorcycle riding, camping, fire, food, bourbon and storytelling. Sleep?
That's no fun! How about a random number generator to create the order each day?

I think it should be drink Bourbon, go to WalMart.....

Are you in? It's only $30 plus $15 for Sat dinner - even KLR owners are going!

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Are you in? It's only $30 plus $15 for Sat dinner - even KLR owners are going!
Canada..... I have some unresolved issues with a mud puddle that I want dealt with before the winter settles in.

If my plans change, it would be a last minute deal for me.

Thank you for asking, though.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Hey Barry, I'll take that under advisement!:D Hope you make it here.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Canada..... I have some unresolved issues with a mud puddle that I want dealt with before the winter settles in.

If my plans change, it would be a last minute deal for me.

Thank you for asking, though.
I think you should put that off until winter. That way when you go down, you won't get wet.:D

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Come ride beautiful Vermont!

Bump for the CroMag. This is a great deal and the best riding and scenery there is. V-Stroms were made for Vermont roads! Send in a PayPal payment before Monday night to be included. We'll have Silver Lake State Park all to ourselves! http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=502490

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds like a good time to me. If anyone from Mass or Connecticut is going up maybe I could tag along.

Scooterboyusa
Just head up Rt 91 and then pick up Rt 100 from Rt 2 in Greenfield, MA.

I'm riding out Friday morning to the start of the Puppydog route in Greenfield, MA and riding there to Silver Lake.

Where's a good place to stop for lunch?

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Where's a good place to stop for lunch?
Puppy dog............

Food, during the day, while riding, is for medicinal purposes only.

(But I can suggest a good "watering hole" near Moncton, N.B.)

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I'm in.....not quite sure on my timing for the weekend but will be there Friday for a bit at least.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm in.....not quite sure on my timing for the weekend but will be there Friday for a bit at least.
That's great - they needed 50 signups to break even so every one helps - current count is 44! Are you going to commute?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
That's great - they needed 50 signups to break even so every one helps - current count is 44! Are you going to commute?
I sent in money to camp.........I think I'll end up there Friday night but Saturday is a bit doubtful. I'm guessing the staff would accept a few late names (or at least donations)as well.:D

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Great Mike, looking forward to seeing you!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, the good news is they hit 50, the bad news is, I have to bag. So have a great time!

At least I can still go to another track day next Tuesday!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts