StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to start, I know its NOT the lever thats 'creaky'....BUT!!
When I pull the lever in it feels creaky, staggers, NOT smooth?
If i give it 3 or 4 good long squeezes it feels 'normal' but after 30mins or so it goes back to creaky.
I am at 88000km so im looking to change the fluid/bleed brakes etc.. just wondered if anyone else had this, what was it, what did you do to correct it?
Cheers...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
You have a cable operated clutch. Grease the pivot and the barrel end on the cable. Do not lubricate the cable itself. Check the sprocket cover area for chain lube build up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had this problem on some older Honda motorcycles I've had - I got rid of the problem by flushing the brake fluid and rebuilding the brake master cylinder. That kit above should work. Sometimes the rubber seal & boot can let dirt in, I guess.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
creaky levers

I had the same "creaky" problem on my Vee with both clutch and brake levers. Simply solved by cleaning and greasing the pivot pins.

Reactions: Mulewright

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys for slow response....been away from the pc for a while.... I have cleaned greased, flushed and replaced fluid...still a 'little creaky? I'll persever for a while and see what transpires, but maybe i will have to rebuild the Master cycinder.
I'll post what ever happens. Thx for all advise!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sticky lever here

once in a while it seemed like my brake lever then released. So I took it apart for a cleaning. The mating surfaces were very gungy with old grease (?) and the pivot pin surface was rough. Pivot pin is noow all smooth.

I will report back after a month of riding.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts