StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New vee owner... 2004 1000 with 1900 miles....nearly unridable, especially in traffic....stalling, stuttering, backfires..

Did the research here, put the big Vee on a lift and spent two days working on it...removed the secondary plates, balanced the throttle bodies, changed the spark plugs (I've done valve jobs that took less time :jawdrop: ), generally went over everything...

Took a long ride today....it was a different bike....crazy good....no stalls or stutters, pulls smoothly from traffic lights, very nice...

I think I'll keep it :hurray:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Magoo, is that you, you dawg?:green_lol:

·
Registered
498 Posts
1900 miles! I feel sorry for the original owner!!! sounds like it was setup wrong to begin with. Now fix the clutch and be done with it! by the way did you find the throttle body boots loose?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1900 miles! I feel sorry for the original owner!!! sounds like it was setup wrong to begin with. Now fix the clutch and be done with it! by the way did you find the throttle body boots loose?
Lol...BumbleBee, I sorta' hate it for the original owner too....but if it was running as bad 6 years ago as it ran for me I understand why he parked it...he just wasn't a mechanical guy and got feed up with the dealer.

I'm reading up on the clutch :)

I really thought Id find the rear throttle body loose but it was fine....I took them both out and reseated them anyway :)

Magoo, is that you, you dawg?:green_lol:
Ha, I'm busted! Of course it's me :). Who else would have XR1200 as a username? Lol...I LOVE my XR, but now that this vee is singing a sweet song I gotta watch myself ...:) how's that wee going for you?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Ha, I'm busted! Of course it's me :). Who else would have XR1200 as a username? Lol...I LOVE my XR, but now that this vee is singing a sweet song I gotta watch myself ...:) how's that wee going for you?
Well I might have had that username if I had any imagination but better you should have it.
The wee is too new to me to know for sure but I had one in '05 so its not unknown. Plan to make a pack mule of it for back country exploring with an old friend. Places one would not subject the XR or the Tiger too ya know.
The big vee should be fun for you. I had its cousin once, an SV1000 naked. Dynamite motor, not unlike what the XR would be like if one pumped 30 or so extra hp in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I might have had that username if I had any imagination but better you should have it.
The wee is too new to me to know for sure but I had one in '05 so its not unknown. Plan to make a pack mule of it for back country exploring with an old friend. Places one would not subject the XR or the Tiger too ya know.
The big vee should be fun for you. I had its cousin once, an SV1000 naked. Dynamite motor, not unlike what the XR would be like if one pumped 30 or so extra hp in it.

Lol...I think you're right...I'm digging it so far...my brother fired up his 950 KTM and we spent a couple hours on fire roads yesterday ..... The Vee held it's own.....and I never had to get off and push like he did :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts