StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found crashbars for 2017 model that have one crossbar just bellow the beak? Heed and Touratech make them but it looks like they wouldn't fit new model beacuse the beak is lower then on 2014-16 model. I've sent mail to both Heed and Touratech. Heed responded saying they don't know if their bars for '14 model would fit '17 model. Touratech hasn't responded.
Anyone?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anyone found crashbars for 2017 model that have one crossbar just bellow the beak? Heed and Touratech make them but it looks like they wouldn't fit new model beacuse the beak is lower then on 2014-16 model. I've sent mail to both Heed and Touratech. Heed responded saying they don't know if their bars for '14 model would fit '17 model. Touratech hasn't responded.
Anyone?
I didn't took any chance..Gone with Sw-Motech.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I haven't seen a cross bar for just below the beak but I found a site today called AdventureTech, LLC. - Home and is ran by a member. He has a kit that you can buy that mounts where the horn is and allows you to have lights ran just to the sides of the beak. I don't know what your plan is for this bar but it sounds like thats what you're after.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I've talked to him already.
But it's not just the lights I need the bar for.
I dropped bike twice with Givi bars. Both times stationary and both times it bent the bracket that connects to the radiator. That is why I wanted bars with one crossbar bellow the beak.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wholeheartedly recommend the HEED bars. Fit is great, follow the lines of the bike better than most others and rock solid. Spend the extra and get the bags for them, too.
Yes, that's what I want but the beak on 2017 model sits lower and I can't confirm that the crossbar would fit there. I emailed the Heed and they replied, stating they can't confirm the compatibility because they don't have 2017 model to test them on.
I'd love to have Heed bars.

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Yes, that's what I want but the beak on 2017 model sits lower and I can't confirm that the crossbar would fit there. I emailed the Heed and they replied, stating they can't confirm the compatibility because they don't have 2017 model to test them on.
I'd love to have Heed bars.
Those Heed bars look very nice. I'm curious what they tell you.

I noticed the Touratech website clearly states that their 2014+ DL1000 crash bar does NOT fit the 2018. The front cowl is also slightly different shape on 2018 which could be a factor in clearance. Hopefully they can modify the bars a 1/2" to accommodate. Personally, I like the choice of the bright silver Touratech. I have their skid plate and other parts and they are nice. But the Heed in black are super sharp and fit well.

I too bent a Givi crash bar on a prior DL650, but they sell right and left sides separately.

I'm seriously considering a 2018 1000XT but not until the right farkles are available.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen that video but simply can´t find Touratch bars for 2017 model.
I also can´t figure out if those bars are the same for pre-2017 and 2017 models.

·
Registered
320 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, when I wanted them, Heed didn't have them and after a while replied to my mail saying that do not have ideia when are they going to manufacture them for new model.
I still use my old Givi ones that I removed from '14 DL1000 and added cross bar welded between those two bracket that are screwed into radiator brackets' holes. So I'm more or less served for now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Received a package from Poland (Heed) today at the office. I was worried that they would be damaged due to shipping, but I guess it happened in the past and they decided to go overkill on the packaging lol

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
As has been stated previously herein, the T-rex bars have the crossbar under the beak. Additionally, they package them in a manner similar to the photo posted by basshead. It took me almost as long to remove the protective packaging as it did to install the cage/bars.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I looked at the T-Rex website and didn’t see an offering for the 14 V2 1000 and up. Am I missing something or do they just offer it for the 650?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Keep in mind that the bars are supposed to bend, otherwise the force goes into the frame. Of course they should stand up to a static fall without bending. I have bent the Givi (at the radiator joint) but I was moving at the time, and did replace just the one side afterwards without issue.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Keep in mind that the bars are supposed to bend, otherwise the force goes into the frame. Of course they should stand up to a static fall without bending. I have bent the Givi (at the radiator joint) but I was moving at the time, and did replace just the one side afterwards without issue.
I've bent the side bracket, the one that connects the bar to radiator side bracket, twice, and both times it was from static fall. Now I have soldered one bar that connects two side brackets so if my bike falls again the opposite side would take some force too and maybe not bend the same bracket again.
The bracket in cause is very strong. There was no way to put it back into shape with big pliers. There was a lot of hammering required and painting afterwards... twice...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts