StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read several posts on people saying which crash bars they like best, but am having trouble finding which frame sliders go on easiest with the crash bars. I have an 09 DL650 just about to get my 600 mi service done and I want to protect my investment. I am thinking about getting the SW-M crash bars, and possibly the SV-Racing-Parts frame sliders. does anyone know if these will mount with each other without having to alter the frame sliders on your own? Or does anyone have any other suggestions on what combo to go for? Also I was thinking of getting front and rear wheel frame sliders. Any suggestion on who and where to get these from?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,101 Posts
I have the SW-M bars and SV Racing Sliders. I'm very pleased with the combo. I even put my feet on the sliders occasionally on long trips.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have a 02 VEE and Givi engine guards. There is no way to mount the frame sliders with those, The bars run right in front of the bolt for the frame sliders. I have a pair from T Rex racing but it does not fit.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the SV racing frame sliders with the H&B bars as do several other people around here. Works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I think I will end up going with the SM-W crash bars and the sv racing frame sliders and rear axle sliders. Does anyone know where you can purchase front axle sliders?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,101 Posts
The rear swingarm sliders will never get used as long as you have passenger pegs. I ride solo so put sliders on the passenger peg brackets. I had to keep the brackets because the left one protects the Elka shock reservoir and the right one the exhaust. It's unusual for the front forks to hit ground so nothing is made to protect them that I know of.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I ended up getting the Sv racing frame sliders with the sw-motech crashbars, They look great and install very easily. They look as if they will be able to take a beating and save the bike, but I have not tested this theory out yet, and I do not hope to do so any time soon. Thanks sv-racing for the great customer service. If anyone else wishes to get their frame sliders that fit the sw-motech crashbars, I recommend emailing them directly, they respond quickly and have great service.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
I have the pat Walsh crashbar / skidplate combo and SV frame sliders front and rear. Also have the Caribou Case system installed. I was wondering why I had the rear frame sliders. Crashed the 'Strom on a large oil spot on the Nova Scotia to Newfoundland ferry. The bike slid into a curb on the ship and the rear frame slider caught the curb and prevented damage to the swingarm / chain and sprocket, ect. On the front, the crashbars took the full brunt of the crash, and the framesliders didn't seem to touch the deck at all. I sometimes rest the back of my boot on the frameslider and the bottom of the boot on the crashbar. Crashbars are bent in quite a bit, so probably going to have to replace the outer bars.

·
Vendor
5,002 Posts
I have the pat Walsh crash bar / skid plate combo and SV frame sliders front and rear. Also have the Caribou Case system installed. I was wondering why I had the rear frame sliders. Crashed the 'Strom on a large oil spot on the Nova Scotia to Newfoundland ferry. The bike slid into a curb on the ship and the rear frame slider caught the curb and prevented damage to the swing arm / chain and sprocket, ect. On the front, the crash bars took the full brunt of the crash, and the frame sliders didn't seem to touch the deck at all. I sometimes rest the back of my boot on the frame slider and the bottom of the boot on the crash bar. Crash bars are bent in quite a bit, so probably going to have to replace the outer bars.
:) Hi sorry to hear about the crash on the ferry,Yikes, I hope you were not hurt,

Let me know if you do need to replace the bars, and I will get you looked after right away,

That is an excellent example of why the Swing Arm Sliders are so valuable,

Hope you were able to get back on and continue on your journey,

Enjoy the ride, and best regards,
Blair

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.