StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of givi crash guards a couple of years ago for my 04 650 and they caused so much vibration at highway speeds I gave them away. I would like to do a trip to Alaska so crash guards/skid plate etc.... would probably be a good idea. Has anyone tried other brands that aren't affected by the harmonics of the aluminum frame. I would like rubber mounts if they exist as this would eliminate the problem completely. Any comment would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Givis ARE good...

I purchased a set of givi crash guards a couple of years ago for my 04 650 and they caused so much vibration at highway speeds I gave them away. I would like to do a trip to Alaska so crash guards/skid plate etc.... would probably be a good idea. Has anyone tried other brands that aren't affected by the harmonics of the aluminum frame. I would like rubber mounts if they exist as this would eliminate the problem completely. Any comment would be appreciated.
Apparently Givi fixed the vibration problem. I have them on my '05 and I have no vibration problems with them.

-Peter in Niagara Falls

1 - 3 of 3 Posts