StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another newb (pre-purchase) question (I'm going to do the deal on a new 07 ABS Saturday, and want to figure out my options beforehand):

The 650 I test-rode today had a set of black crash bars and a silver aluminum skid plate attached - unfortunately I didn't get the brand. I'm going to want to add a center stand too - whether I buy the bike with the crash gear already on it or add my own.

Are there stands, crash bars or skid plates to avoid? I gather the Motech stand is a favorite, but are there some skid plates that don't work with it?

- Bob

·
Registered
175 Posts
go to the Twisted Throttle web site, enter your bike and click away at the options. Motech seems to be the standard, Givi's are better priced but most of the issues I've heard seem to be tied to that make. Hepco's are a bit more but seem to be very heavy duty w/typical german attention to detail. The plates depend upon what bars you get because all do not work with all units. In terms of stands, all are likely fine tho I think the OEM unit fits closest to the bike which means it's less likely to get hung up. I have the OEM stand and it's perhaps the best center stand I've ever used.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just bought and went with the SW Mototech skidplate, and the Hepco & Becker crash bars and centerstand. I think the best quality and heavy duty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought and went with the SW Mototech skidplate, and the Hepco & Becker crash bars and centerstand. I think the best quality and heavy duty.
Hi, quick question, on the website it says this, "This item is NOT compatible with the SW-MOTECH skidplate."

Just thought you may have missed that or do you have some other info?

Edit: Ah, nvm, found the answer, need the adapter kit (sold seperately)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts