StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's been several threads on this issue, but I have specific questions:

1. What type of crash guard do you have on your bike?
2. Pluses/Minuses
3. Specifically, when looking at the Wee from the front, do they extend out at least even with or outside of the front turn signals?
4. Steel or allumimum?

Thanks!

·
Registered
75 Posts
This:

Ray

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
+1 for T-Rex bars. Made in America (Texas!) easy installation, no vibes at all and, after a low speed drop, I can definitely attest to their durability!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hola amigo,
I also went to the T-Rex bars and find them substantially more substantial than others. And no vibration. I also bought their skid plate. Which seems was originally designed as a part for an Abrams tank....

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So as per one of my questions above, do they extend out past or even with the turn signals? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Hola amigo,
I also went to the T-Rex bars and find them substantially more substantial than others. And no vibration. I also bought their skid plate. Which seems was originally designed as a part for an Abrams tank....
Hey Coach, you still in Baja? I wrote a three part article in ADV Rider and mentioned changing oil at your place in Baja.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes. When I dropped the bike on a low water crossing with SWMBO on the back, the only wound was to the replaceable "hockey puck" on the T-Rex bars. Just a scrape on the puck and nothing else damaged. Other than my ego😉.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes. When I dropped the bike on a low water crossing with SWMBO on the back, the only wound was to the replaceable "hockey puck" on the T-Rex bars. Just a scrape on the puck and nothing else damaged. Other than my ego😉.
SWMBO? Wife?

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey Coach, you still in Baja? I wrote a three part article in ADV Rider and mentioned changing oil at your place in Baja.
I've read them all and marvel! You are a great rider and an excellent writer.
I am still in Baja but coming back Thursday to get my shots.
Then turning right around and coming back South.
If I am gone too long my flip flops forget who owns them. Can't let that happen...

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've read them all and marvel! You are a great rider and an excellent writer.
I am still in Baja but coming back Thursday to get my shots.
Then turning right around and coming back South.
If I am gone too long my flip flops forget who owns them. Can't let that happen...
LOL! Just got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Most people have a bit of a hard time the next day after the 2nd shot as I did, but it cleared up pretty fast. Kinda felt like a bad cold for about 15 hours or so.
Also, any problem driving across the border? I head that the "essential travel" dictate really isn't being enforced on the drive across, for example at Tecate?

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I'll stay up late and work in the garage whenever I want to as long as you say it's OK.

·
Registered
497 Posts
LOL! Just got my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Most people have a bit of a hard time the next day after the 2nd shot as I did, but it cleared up pretty fast. Kinda felt like a bad cold for about 15 hours or so.
Also, any problem driving across the border? I head that the "essential travel" dictate really isn't being enforced on the drive across, for example at Tecate?
That is right. Either coming or going.
BTW, testing is a breeze here. The airlines are subsidizing it on site at the airport. 50 bucks for the rapid antigen test. Results in 60 minutes on your phone. If you are a tourist your hotel is probably offering to pay the $50 for you.
I am getting mine done tomorrow. Day before my Thursday flight back to Seattle.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That is right. Either coming or going.
BTW, testing is a breeze here. The airlines are subsidizing it on site at the airport. 50 bucks for the rapid antigen test. Results in 60 minutes on your phone. If you are a tourist your hotel is probably offering to pay the $50 for you.
I am getting mine done tomorrow. Day before my Thursday flight back to Seattle.
So easy to drive across. Thinking about taking the SWMBO to Baja on the Wing for a few weeks. Figured I could always tell them I'm looking to start a business in La Paz or something like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
As for my crash bars, smt went wrong. I am far away from the US, T-Rex bars seemed for me rather exensive, so I decided to go with heed crash bars and faced terrible vibes. I wouldn't recommend it

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been eye ballin the t-Rex bars. They look great. Curious if they will work with aftermarket skid plates that bolt to the cross bar. They don’t seem to have a big low cross bar as the Givi and oem crash bars do.

·
Registered
497 Posts
So easy to drive across. Thinking about taking the SWMBO to Baja on the Wing for a few weeks. Figured I could always tell them I'm looking to start a business in La Paz or something like that.
You don't need to tell anyone anything to get in. If you give me dates I will see if the apartment is booked. You may want to bring her to LB. Just finished a major remodel on it and it is quite tasty now. And Satellite TV to boot!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You don't need to tell anyone anything to get in. If you give me dates I will see if the apartment is booked. You may want to bring her to LB. Just finished a major remodel on it and it is quite tasty now. And Satellite TV to boot!
PM sent so I can keep this thread on topic.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
T Rex bars are out of stock, and does anyone have a weight on them? No stats on this on their site.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts