StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking specifically for a set of crash bars which provides protection for the lower edge of the radiator.

I'm not interested in protecting plastics, those are easily replaced. I've absolutely no problem with riding home without an indicator and/or fairing.

From what I can tell the only guard that provides such protection/coverage is the AltRider.

Crash Bars for the Suzuki V-Strom DL 650 AltRider

However they are quite expensive, so before I go laying down the hard earned, are there any others?

If I drop my bike it'll be onto rocks, not nice smooth flat concrete, so bars like the Hepco Becker are useless.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I can tell, there appears to be two variants of Givi crash bars. The TN532 looks like it may provide good radiator protection, but I've not seen a decent side-on picture of one. Does anyone have one?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the Givi's and they look like they will protect the radiator from a side drop. Not sure how strong they are and I have fortunately not tested them:hurray:. But they should do the trick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks!

I had a look at the likes of Hepco & Becker and SW-Motech, but on anything other than smooth level ground the radiator has almost no protection.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts