StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title indicates it wasn't a professionally done product testing. I had no such intentions. Simply just wanted to film how the bars perform after a series of crashes regardless of the ground conditions (gravity is pretty decent on a 450lb bike).

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts
That's just odd.........

·
Registered
566 Posts
Lorry: Thanks for taking the risk on your own bike. I know I'll eventually have my "opportunity" to test the OM crash bars on my wee. Hopefully not three times in a row. I'm confident they will be up to the task. I love them.

Hey dravnx, sounds like you're a real expert on dropping your bike on the pavement, gravel and rocks. Post up your crash videos so we can all learn from the best!

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Madchap, Quoting the OP "Simply just wanted to film how the bars perform after a series of crashes regardless of the ground conditions" I observed only one ground condition, soft mud and grass.
I've dropped my Glee on rocks. gravel. pavement and sand. I tend to push things. The engine guards did their job. I didn't video tape the drops.

·
Registered
15,828 Posts
I might add that when I crashed the bars got scraped up a bit but the cowling didn't get broken, just a little scratched too. That was at 55mph. Crash bars do what they are supposed to do...that's a good thing.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
When I dumped my Wee at about 70kph the Givi bars bent into the fairing and during the slide gravel built up behind the bar and damaged the plastics but the bar also bent backwards towards the rear of the bike.

It took a lot more effort to pull the bar out than it took to bend it in. :green_lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts