StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the subject of crash bars has been discussed nearly ad nauseam, but I haven't seen anybody address the need for crash bars that protect when running a set of panniers.

FYI, I have an '04 DL1000 and the 3-piece Suzuki/Kappa luggage set.

As of a few weeks ago I'd pretty much decided on the Hepco-Becker crash bars, but I've been running my panniers more frequently recently and am planning a cross-country venture for next summer, so I think a wider option is necessary. Saw a cruiser today with some burley crash bars that matched the width of its panniers... makes sense. Its panniers, incidentally, also had mini crash bars (chrome of course :roll:)... so I'm also wondering if there's such an option for the Strom.

I feel like I've explored all the Strom's crash bar options, but perhaps this different perspective will generate some new responses.

Thanks.
~Geoff

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
The crash bars are designed to protect the front part of the bike - if you lay it down, your panniers will most likely protect the back end of the bike. :(

I have some swingarm sliders on my DL but I doubt they would do much for my brand new Givi bags that I would probably have to replace...

Don't know of any type bar/rack that would fully protect the bags...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts