StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read all the posts. I know that you love what you own and would recommend it to me.

I want to be able to lift the bike with the bash plate.

I don't care if they are, or are not, connected to the crash bars.

If you KNOW that your combo will hold the weight w/o any problems, I would love to hear what you have and why you chose it.

Thanks in advance for your answers. :hurray:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Bud,

B&B bash plate - armour plating for the bottom of your bike, no problems with using it to lift the bike. I used it as i was mostly concerned about ploughing into obstacles when riding two up, this bash plate will take big impacts.
As a bonus the B&B bash plate is also comapatable with my HB center stand and Scorpion exhaust.
I have used the newest incarnation of Suzuki's genuine crash bars as they appear to have addressed the vibration issues that others have commented on, i personally like the appearance, found them easy to install, quality of finish is as good as it gets and they feel as solid as the other brands that are available.

Good luck, there are too many options out there. Buy to quality not price.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Grant.

Just the info for which I was looking. Nice post!:yesnod:

·
Registered
241 Posts
My freshly installed Weld86 plate does what you want without bars.
Two different sets of crash bars with my Advmoto skid plate vibrated like a tuning fork on my bike at highway speeds (My bike, NOT all of them!).
I put a floor jack under mine today and lifted both wheels off the ground in preparation to check suspension "sag".
My H/T center-stand works with no interference, and the price and quality are a outstanding value.
Before you buy, check them out.:thumbup:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.

Ordered the HT center stand but........................

They are on back order but expected to ship soon.

I can wait a few more days.

·
Registered
57 Posts
after a lengthy study into all the available options I went with the alt rider combo.
easily supports my bike with a full tank of gas and full panniers when I lift it with the bash plate

·
Registered
19 Posts
after a lengthy study into all the available options I went with the alt rider combo.
easily supports my bike with a full tank of gas and full panniers when I lift it with the bash plate
Just installed my ALT stuff yesterday, I think it's the best combination of looks and functionally.

·
Registered
469 Posts
+1 :thumbup: Very pretty welds and nicely made. HT centerstand and 2Bros pipe compatible.
You must R&R the side stand to put it on -- PITA
Stays on to change oil & filter :hurray:
Side note: Make sure you get the recommended extended wobbly Allen wrench before your HT centerstand gets here

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 :thumbup: Very pretty welds and nicely made. HT centerstand and 2Bros pipe compatible.
Side note: Make sure you get the recommended extended wobbly Allen wrench before your HT centerstand gets here

I would if I even knew what that was! :yikes:

Anyone give me a clue????:hurray:

·
Registered
175 Posts
+1 on the ball head long allen key 3/8 drive metric keys. Harbor Freight, $14 Made the HT CS install about 10 minutes. Not sure how I could have done it without them...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would if I even knew what that was! :yikes:

Anyone give me a clue????:hurray:
As I mentioned, I used the ones from Harbor Freight. You only need the 8mm (I think.) But the whole set is $14.99 so what the hey.

They are allen keys that are about 6" long glued to 3/8th's drive sockets so they use your 3/8th inch ratchet, and have the end of the allen key shaped like a ball so you can turn an allen bolt from an off angle which you need to do for one of the bolts as it's behind the exhaust.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info. I have a 20% off HF coupon so I guess I will be getting the set and save myself a bunch of time and hassle.

Thanks to Stromtrooper's.:hurray::mrgreen:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Bud,

I outfitted my 2013 Wee with a set of Givi crash bars (Field tested with two slow off road get offs) and a well built Mastech skid plate from Pac-Meister that has deflected many a rock.

The skid plate has been used to raise the bike with a floor jack. As for oil and filter changes, the front two bolts and the center two bolts must be removed to allow access but it's no big deal. Hope this helps.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts