StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I never realized how much my Givi crash bars vibrate on my Wee, until Saturday when I tried to strap a camera to them... :yikes:

Who says there are no fun roads in Mississippi? - YouTube

Guess I need to find another place to mount it!!! :confused: The vibes don't bother me riding (cause I'm not touching them)!
I think pretty much any crash bar will resonate enough at certain RPM's to cause distortion if you mount a camera to it. I have the same issue when mounting my GoPro to my Altrider bars. I had a set of Givi bars on my KLR, and I could absolutely feel those resonating through the seat at certain RPM's. I've heard similar (though less severe) reports of the Givi's on the Wee, though I don't have any first-hand experience with these. The Altriders feel completely buzz-free to me.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think pretty much any crash bar will resonate enough at certain RPM's to cause distortion if you mount a camera to it. I have the same issue when mounting my GoPro to my Altrider bars. I had a set of Givi bars on my KLR, and I could absolutely feel those resonating through the seat at certain RPM's. I've heard similar (though less severe) reports of the Givi's on the Wee, though I don't have any first-hand experience with these. The Altriders feel completely buzz-free to me.
Don't even get me started on any crashbars on a KLR! :mrgreen: I just can't figure out many other places to put the camera. May try a fork tube (out of the travel area) or keep researching other mounts...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I filled mine with lead shot. Only 50% less vibration, which is tolerable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
If using a gopro, take a sticky mount & put it on the reflector on the front fork. Also another sticky reflector on the swing arm near the rear hub is an AWESOME view, you can undersling it and get a really low view either forward or reverse... I haven't gotten a chance to play on the Wee, but I believe if you get the RollBar mount, you could wrap that around the grab handles, or the rear rack.
The suction cup mount works good on Fairings, but make sure that it's a solid part, near a mount or bend.

This is me on the Dragon's Tail on my FZ6R with swing arm mount. One of my passes on the Dragon's Tail.. - YouTube

1 - 5 of 5 Posts