StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!!
I have Givi crash bars and am looking for some inexpensive panniers to attach to them. I have seen some pictures of a few and they look like universal bicycle panniers, but cannot find any online under $60-100. Just wanted to know what everyone is using out there.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
I'm using bicycle panniers........made by "SunCoast"....or "Sun????" I paid $9 apiece for mine.......not waterproof, but work well for what I use them for (to carry a bike cover on one side, odds/ends on the other). Ebay is your friend on finding some..........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Do yours strap to the bars out of the box or did you have to modify them. Do you have any pictures of them to help me narrow them down? I looked on eBay, and nothing came up for SunCoast. There are a lot on there but not many that I think will work.

·
Registered
588 Posts
A good buddy of mine runs a set he got from Mountain Equipment Coop. Not overly expensive and just the right size for small stuff within reach of the rider. I'll probably get a set for my strom next time I'm in the store. Couldn't find them on the website but I'll look a little further and ask my buddy as well.

Found it!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hello!!
I have Givi crash bars and am looking for some inexpensive panniers to attach to them. I have seen some pictures of a few and they look like universal bicycle panniers, but cannot find any online under $60-100. Just wanted to know what everyone is using out there.
These are cheap, and can surely be rigged to mount on the crash bars, BUT, mounted as designed under the gas cap, these look like they could stop a lot of the wind that comes up the legs. I just ordered some!!

Tusk Motorcycle Tank Bag Black Universal Yamaha Honda | eBay

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello!!
This guy will make you some...He does some great custom work at a reasonable price...
Custom Sewing and Cordura Items - ADVrider

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Do yours strap to the bars out of the box or did you have to modify them. Do you have any pictures of them to help me narrow them down? I looked on eBay, and nothing came up for SunCoast. There are a lot on there but not many that I think will work.
Sorry........I should have followed up last night at home. Here's a couple of pics.......they strap on with velcro straps already on the bags.

I have a set of the Aerostich Tank Panniers.......they are larger than the bar bags......and hang off the tank like Dolly Pardon........and are tricky to use with a tank bag (can be done, you just have to arrange them to clear the tank bag and not foul-up steering lock-to-lock.........and they will make gas fill-ups a PITA when I do use them in the future).

The guy that ZukiGirl mentions is great........he can build you a custom set of bags to your dimensions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
!!!!!

Mark, thats about exactly what I am looking for. I wanted to get them before a week long trip this June, if you can remember where you got them, or the name/style, let me know!! As far as custom set goes, my wife has that covered, I would just prefer to buy something purpose made, instead of trying to rewrite the book.
thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
Try here...

His pics look like he used the C-Sport Bartender 1 Handle Bar Bag. Amazon has them for $19 each

·
Registered
965 Posts
I got a set of ATV tank panniers at princess auto for 12 bucks and disguard the center piece that goes over the tank. They each have velcro that I wrap around the crash guards. Each pannier has a large pocket and small pocket and a water bottle carrier.

·
Premium Member
3,021 Posts
Try here...

His pics look like he used the C-Sport Bartender 1 Handle Bar Bag. Amazon has them for $19 each
Yep.........those the ones!! I paid $9 a piece somewhere.....Google the name and see what pops up (Amazon, ebay, etc).....but that was over a year ago.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
You can't get much cheaper than these...US Army surplus M40/M42 gas mask carriers, that I picked up in a surplus store in Asheboro NC for (I think) $6.00 each. Once I sold the V-Strom, I remade them into another incarnation for the Super Tenere (Just some Krylon Fusion black paint and some nylon buckles and straps. I paid more for the ADV patches than I did for the bags).

Here's a link to more photos that show how they are attached.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/members/41909-rcinnc-albums-crash-bar-bags.html

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts