StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hepco becker bars. I wondered if anyone has ever connected one side to the other. You know, like the KTM 950/990. I think it would be much stronger.

Thanks,
Huero

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I have hepco becker bars. I wondered if anyone has ever connected one side to the other. You know, like the KTM 950/990. I think it would be much stronger.

Thanks,
Huero
It is much stronger. NOT having a crossbar is a major weakness to ALL aftermarket crashbars.

In the Spring of 2008, I added a crossbar, (bolted on), between my SW-Motech bars.

It helped enormously in a couple of laydowns and drops.

In 2009, I modified my crashbars again by adding "light cages" for my PIAA lights and actually welded a crossbar, (up higher then the bolted on version of 2008 ), to the crashbars.

During the Winter of 2010, I have made my own crashbars from scratch. They have a top crossbar AND the bars can be removed individually from the bike. The story is buried HERE in this long thread.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, these are great. Giving me some great ideas!

I may try to bend a piece to connect them by ggoing around the headlight and above the fender. It would be a great place to mount some driving lights too.

Thanks a ton.
Huero

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Wow, these are great. Giving me some great ideas!

I may try to bend a piece to connect them by ggoing around the headlight and above the fender. It would be a great place to mount some driving lights too.

Thanks a ton.
Huero
If you do that, please post some pics and a description if you have time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have HB crash bars on my DL1000, and they are connected.
I assume you have a DL650?
I am surprised they wouldn't connect them on 650s, too.

Hmm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys,
I should have been more clear. I have the dl1000. The bars are connected at the bottom like most of the others.

What I was looking for was more like the Aprilia Capanord or certain Adventure 950 crash bars. The connect at the top of the bar and go around the headlight.

Like this. Has anyone seen/done this?

Thanks a ton,
Huero

1 - 7 of 7 Posts