StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the winter I've added a few things to the 2017 DL650 and the last thing I need to get put on are these lights that I ordered:

I don't see myself adding any other electrical accessories so ideally would like to avoid the cost of a fuse block.

How would everybody recommend wiring these up? Ideally a switched power source but that isn't even 100% necessary since it does come with an on / off switch that can be wired up as well.

·
Registered
945 Posts
So over the winter I've added a few things to the 2017 DL650 and the last thing I need to get put on are these lights...

... I don't see myself adding any other electrical accessories so ideally would like to avoid the cost of a fuse block.

How would everybody recommend wiring these up? Ideally a switched power source but that isn't even 100% necessary since it does come with an on / off switch that can be wired up as well.
Well, that being the case, and if you do not have heated grips, the simplest thing may be to get the plug for the heated grips adapter fro Eastern Beaver. Since we are technically supposed to have our aux lights come on only with low beams (fog lights) or high beams (driving lights) you should probably wire in a realy, too, triggered by either low- or high-beams. You can still use the switch so you can have the headlights on without the aux lights.

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
4,631 Posts
I wired mine with the Eastern Beaver adapter plug. Hardest part of the job was finding it behind the radiator.. I didn't do a relay or worry about high or low beam, but I did install an inline switch so I can turn them on and off.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I just added these
and wired directly to the heated grip plug on my 09 Wee that is located behind the radiator. I used a connector from a Suzuki horn to plug into it (discussed on forums here, you gotta search though). It is a switched and fused 12V source and I didn't add an on/off switch because my intent is to have these 10 watt each aux light serve mainly for daytime visibility to oncoming traffic. They work well. Not sure if your later model has the heated grip plug down there or if it can handle 36 watts reliably (I think my wiring is rated for 40W at the plug). These lights often draw less than they are advertised at, but you don't want to overload or fry anything

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually if I'm going to do it I may as well just do it right and not hinder any future accessories I might want to add.

Going to just order one of these and wire them up sans switch (always on when bike is on):

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
It is not needed but it doens make thing easier, cleaner and separated the bikes wiring from the auxiliary components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts