StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there

I would appreciate advice/comments on the attached pics. Apologies if there are a tad hard to view. I've just clicked over 3000k on my 2012 wee and while I was cleaning it yesterday noticed what appears to be cracks developing in the rear wheel hub. The cracks are appearing both ''on'' the ridges and in ''between'' each ridge. I'm not sure if these are just surface finnish cracks or stress cracks. I've ridden the bike only on good roads with no off road stuff at all. I'll be taking it to the dealer for the brake light recall within the next week and will get the hub issue checked out and let you know how I get on.

Regards

Mark

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
They're all like that, nothing to worry about. There was another thread about it a month or so ago.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reassuring replies.... I feel like a dill, and should have done more research in the forum. So its the rear sprocket carrier not the wheel hub! Time for me to get a workshop manual so I can get my parts terminology sorted I think.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Thanks for your reassuring replies.... I feel like a dill, and should have done more research in the forum. So its the rear sprocket carrier not the wheel hub! Time for me to get a workshop manual so I can get my parts terminology sorted I think.
Crazing would be the term I would use... both my '09 and now my '11 had/have it... Nothing to worry about....

·
Registered
240 Posts
Japanese castings...

You would think that Suzuki would fix this casting blemesh. Japanese bikes usually have excellent quality castings.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
You would think that Suzuki would fix this casting blemesh. Japanese bikes usually have excellent quality castings.
Look past the casting and keep an eye on the bearings anytime you have the rear wheel off.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
I found a crack in the back of my ass......I'm going to see a doctor Monday!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Have a look at some of the castings on a first gen Kawasaki Concours.

·
Registered
86 Posts
coming from a yamaha and a kawasaki before that i find the quality on the suzuki a bit rough . they say they have improved the new model and the quality is a lot better , well i wouldnt like to see the old model then .. the front wheel on my new wee has got a right rough piece on the rim , first time i cleaned the rim i cut my hand on it . i shall be metioning it to my dealer on the first service..

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
the front wheel on my new wee has got a right rough piece on the rim , first time i cleaned the rim i cut my hand on it . i shall be metioning it to my dealer on the first service..
That's something that happened in shipping. Why don't you just take a file to it and touch it up with some satin black paint?

·
Administrator
17,101 Posts
Better not look at the engine casting then!!!!!!!:yikes:

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
the front wheel on my new wee has got a right rough piece on the rim , first time i cleaned the rim i cut my hand on it . i shall be metioning it to my dealer on the first service..
Yes, they need another warning sticker ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think in the future i've just have to not clean well this part ... but it's seem that i'm not alone in my cornichon bottle !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts