StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that a piece of plastic on each mirror assembly has developed a crack on my 04 DL650. It has about 8,400 miles on it. Has anyone else noticed the same thing? Any ideas as to what caused this piece to crack?

I don't notice much vibration in the handlebars, and the mirrors do not vibrate at all.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My left mirror has done the same thing, I first noticed it at about 3000km. Have since done another 3000km and it hasn't gotten any worse. The right one is fine. Guess it's replacable under warranty, but it sounds like the new one would end up cracking too.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Duke mirrors

I droped my DL 1000 and busted the lefty. Replaced both ith the KTM Duke II mirors for the same price as one oem. I have the part #s somewhere if ya want em. Doug.

T

·
0 Posts
mine are both cracked too and it was very early on...only like a thousand miles...i went to the showroom and checked two new bikes...they both had the cracks already and they were brand new so im not overly worried...the mirrors are still stable as a rock so im not going to switch anything.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yup me too. First one cracked like 15 seconds after I adjusted the mirror; made me a proud owner!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yep, one of mine is cracked too. I happened to have some Kawi ZRX1200 mirrors lying around so I popped them on the Strom. Nice! They're better looking than the stock plastic box units and they extend further out. I'm sticking with them. I can post a pic if someone is interested.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Mine cracked right after I bought the bike. The dealer replaced them under warranty but they cracked again a short time later. Being that those plastic collars are only cosmetic I opted to just fill them in with a dab of epoxy, a little black paint and they look as good as new. :wink:

Dan

V

·
0 Posts
Cracked mirror

Hey guys,

I bought mine with a little over 4000 miles and the right one is cracked in the same place. I've seen some nice-looking carbon fiber replacements on eBay. I've put on about 1000 miles and haven't noticed any problem. I guess I should replace them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now that I don't feel that it was my fault that the plastic on the mirrors cracked, I have no intention of replacing them anytime soon. At least the crack faces away from me when I'm riding. :)

Thank you for all of your comments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts