Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4 day weekend off and started out with a ride this morning. I found a cool route to Battle Kentucky in Amish country. Due to a miscalculation in trajectory of a running Coyote, I almost scored another hit.

I saw him running at an angle across a mowed wheat field from a long ways off and figured he would cross ahead of me. I accelerated to scare him at the intercept >:)(which later did not seem like a good idea....but at the time....well, it just seemed like fun). As he should have crossed the road, he held up in the roadside weeds where I could not see him and jumped out at the last minute......furry fuxxer planned it I am sure:furious:. Another set of ruined underwear, Duluth's....my favorite ones too.

The leaves are starting to turn yellow on the edges of the road and before it got hot, they were sprinkling down on me landing in the road.....magical if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
373 Posts
^^. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
The animals seem especially active now. I've had a few close deer encounters in the past couple weeks. Also a Javelina, but I was in the work truck for that one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I had a similar encounter last week as I ended up smacking a young black bear with my boot. Was on a logging road that I frequently ride on and came over a short single lane bridge and a small black bear was on the road. Almost always, as soon as they see or hear you they beat feet and get off the road soonest. This one was obviously untrained as to the proper protocol and started to run down the road in the same direction I was travelling. I was quickly overtaking it and I incorrectly assumed he was going to bail. I hit the throttle and went to pass it on the left and as I came along beside, it decided that now was the time to head for the weeds and I felt him hit the outside of my right boot (which was on the peg) as it turned into me and then I saw it running into the bush on my left behind me. Wildlife in this area are generally more predictable, but this definitely gave me something to think about.

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
The deer cross my yard daily. i have had so many encounters that I have lost track. No hits.

The fawns are all over right now and unpredictable. They stand in the middle of our road. They are fearless in the rural burbs.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Who in their right mind thinks deer in a residential area is a good idea? I've been several places where the deer are just another resident. Shoot the buggers and let them find life in the hinterlands.
Same with the coyotes. We've got them in our residential areas too with our pets and kids roaming the streets. Pop them too. Skunks, raccoons, possums and squirrels don't have a place in my idea of suburbia.
Shit Howdy we wiped them out a hundred years ago and now they are making the come back. It ain't right man.
It's bad enough that the bears come out of the local mountains and hair up the filters in the hot tubs and pools of the border lands.:furious:

·
Registered
13,133 Posts
You're in Kaliforniastan. They have more rights than you do. >:)

I do have a nice Tenpoint crossbow.

We have bear now - lots of them.... We never had bear except along the Arkansas border.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Who in their right mind thinks deer in a residential area is a good idea? I've been several places where the deer are just another resident. Shoot the buggers and let them find life in the hinterlands.
Same with the coyotes. We've got them in our residential areas too with our pets and kids roaming the streets. Pop them too. Skunks, raccoons, possums and squirrels don't have a place in my idea of suburbia.
Shit Howdy we wiped them out a hundred years ago and now they are making the come back. It ain't right man.
It's bad enough that the bears come out of the local mountains and hair up the filters in the hot tubs and pools of the border lands.:furious:
I'm doing all I can!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The coyote is on the wall now too. When I brought it home, the cats hid from it for a while. Then they growled at it. Eventually they snuffed it real good and my gray tabby laid on it. I have been hunting since childhood and the house is full of dead stuff...mostly ducks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,457 Posts
In the dead of winter when it's too cold to ride. Here duckies....free corn by the boat.
Looks like y'all are having fun!

I'm from South Louisiana, then got stuck in Florida, so had to adapt to eastern flyway birds....mostly Ringnecks on Okeechobee hunting out of float tubes along with the gators, the heat and the skeeters. Before I retired and moved to Tennessee, I met my wife who is from central Manitoba. Here in TN we are between the flyways, but I am not giving up and end of last season bought a 17' rig with a Longtail on it.....scouting starts soon. In the mean time I usually go up to Manitoba in Oct and hunt with my cousin-in-law for geese and ducks & fishing, the place is amazing.

Oh and about the leaves falling.....very distracting since I try and maneuver under them to catch them with my left hand...I don't get many:bom_greedy:

·
Registered
22,226 Posts
I understand the Chinese are buying Eastern Coyote pelts, last few years it wasn't worth the effort to skin a coyote, pelts were going for $25 at best (Eastern Coyote, Western Coyotes have been bringing ok money), now that the Chinese have opened a new market, they are going for $100 or more

1 - 20 of 28 Posts