StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
TourKing...best $40.00 I ever spent. Light weight and packs up small. I just ordered another for my BMW R1200.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Any body recommend a nice cover for the 2012 dl650 thats fits nicely?
My longest lasting bike cover has been the top of the line Nelson Rigg. The mice turned it into swiss cheese last winter, but it had 9 years of abuse in the sun. Size depends on whether you have full luggage or not. XXL if you do.

My Dowco cover has been second best so far, but I haven't had it as long.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah , have to agree with the last guy that looks a bit small. Plus I would like it to cover the whole bike. Thanks for your recommendation though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking for a cover as well. It would be helpful if everyone who responds could post what size as well as brand they are using. Luggage, as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the Dowco Guardian Ultralite Plus cover. The 'AT' size. I don't have any luggage yet, but it looks like it would handle it just fine. I used it for 3 weeks until I built a 5' x 9' shed for the bike.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Oxford aquatex XL for large tourers is great and lite and rolls up small for travelling.
Covers all the bike and that's with both panniers and top box on.
Can post pics if you want its $45 AU

Cheers Gotawee

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would like to know also. I would like one that covers the whole bike with the Suzuki saddle bags. I want one for storage of the bike in the garage over the winter and maybe one for on the road. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Hi Guys
This is the cover I posted about earlier by Oxford on the bike with the panniers and top box.

Cheers Gotawee

·
Registered
360 Posts
I can confirm that the Nelson Rigg all seasons cover in XXL nicely covers a 2012 Wee with the stock windshield with a MRA deflector at the top, a Givi V46 top case and Nelson-Rigg CL850 side cases. And the high-viz color coordinates with my high-viz Olympia Phantom suit!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Cheap Garage Cover

I would like to know also. I would like one that covers the whole bike with the Suzuki saddle bags. I want one for storage of the bike in the garage over the winter and maybe one for on the road. Any thoughts?
Our dealer gave us a couple of the covers that come on crated new bikes. They pitch 'em by the dozen. Material is a resonably sturdy white fabric similar to that used for throwaway coveralls and there's an elastic skirt around the bottom edge. They are probably a "one size fits all" sort of thing so they're big enough to cover a Wee with bags. Not a bad way to keep the dust off if you use your garage for woodworking or otherwise have a lot of dust in the air. They're sure not suitable for outdoor use, but are absolutely your least costly garage storage cover.

Dave

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
For in the garage I use an old king size fitted sheet. If pulled right it covers the windscreen and headlights on the front over the handgrips and back to cover the trunk and the E41 keyless bags I have. Not full coverage but keeps falling dust off. I also use in the driveway or carport when I keep the bike out. Mostly to keep the sunlight off.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
635 Posts
I used to keep mine covered up in the garage, but I could never admire it when I went out there.

So it remains uncovered and gets dusty, but at least I get to drool over it every time I see it! :hurray:

I have a Nelson Rigg Xl from my BMW and it fits the Wee just fine, bags and all. Has held up well for several years, but not used outdoors regularly.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dowco-If you want a hvy duty,quality cover that they will replace for free when it falls apart. I have some 99cent Hong Kong dust covers via ebay too. My 1st one went about ten yrs-I just called & another in the mail! Call them & they will put you into the correct size.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just ordered R&G adventure cover....its on backorder but i will post pic and opinion as soon as i get it...i currently have covermax large sportbike cover and i hate it.....silver paint rubs off on the strom and it doesnt cover the entire bike....front brake disc keeps peaking out

Sent from my VS920 4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 22 Posts