Strom Trooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a coupon code for Madstad? They have a box at the checkout but I have not been able to locate a coupon code that works.
thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
You could always show your support for those vendors that make good products for us and pay the full price they deserve.

·
Registered
705 Posts
You could always show your support for those vendors that make good products for us and pay the full price they deserve.
Not to start a fight, but are you saying you have never used a coupon code when buying something online?

Nujac: I don't have a code for you, but I did have to call them about an issue a few months back. In the discussion, I asked if they ran coupon codes or had a discounted "seconds" area. They told me they rarely do coupons...but sometimes they will have some seconds, returns, or other good product available at a discount. You could contact them directly and ask them; most vendors are glad to give you a code if they are currently running any specials.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not to start a fight, but are you saying you have never used a coupon code when buying something online?
Not saying I have never used a coupon code before, but what I am suggesting is that we support the vendors who make products for the Strom community by paying a premium in return for the vendors supporting us with great products. If we continue to short change the vendors and suppliers, they will not be inclined to continue to support us by providing great products and services.

Getting and using a coupon code for repeat business is one thing, but asking others for the use of their coupon code seems like a different thing in my view.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to also purchase the Madstad Windsheild. They ask you if you would like to use a discount coupon. It looks like only Madstad sells the madstad windsheild. If I have a choice of using a coupon I will always take it. They are making the offer right on their web page. It is not like I am asking them to do something they are not offering.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I did a quick search and there was even a thread on this site about discounts in the past, but they seem more related to group buys. Not sure on the protocol here, but maybe ask Madstad about a Stromtrooper group buy.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Not saying I have never used a coupon code before, but what I am suggesting is that we support the vendors who make products for the Strom community by paying a premium in return for the vendors supporting us with great products. If we continue to short change the vendors and suppliers, they will not be inclined to continue to support us by providing great products and services.

Getting and using a coupon code for repeat business is one thing, but asking others for the use of their coupon code seems like a different thing in my view.
Lighten up Francis. I'm quite sure someone using a coupon code for a paltry discount is not going to send this vendor into an irrecoverable tailspin. They're probably a bit smarter than that.

How about this, you feel free to pay full boat or even throw in a couple of extra bucks since you feel so strongly about this. Put your money where your keyboard mouth is.

The rest of us will from time to time feel free to give a few less of our dollars to our corporate overlords. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lighten up Francis. I'm quite sure someone using a coupon code for a paltry discount is not going to send this vendor into an irrecoverable tailspin. They're probably a bit smarter than that.

How about this, you feel free to pay full boat or even throw in a couple of extra bucks since you feel so strongly about this. Put your money where your keyboard mouth is.

The rest of us will from time to time feel free to give a few less of our dollars to our corporate overlords. :biggrinjester:

I paid full price for my Madstad products and I am happy to do it again. I have already put my money where my keyboard mouth is...

I guess my initial point was missed.. I am not advocating that coupons should never be used, or they are a bad thing or people who used them need to be shunned. What I am suggesting, is that if you like the product and the supplier supports our community, then paying a few extra bucks goes a long way to fostering good will and supporting an ecosystem.

Madstad Engineering is not large corporate overlord. Its a small US based business with a handful of employees. Support your small businesses and help them help us enjoy what we love..

·
Super Moderator
4,923 Posts
I paid full price for my Madstad products and I am happy to do it again. I have already put my money where my keyboard mouth is...

Madstad Engineering is not large corporate overlord. Its a small US based business with a handful of employees. Support your small businesses and help them help us enjoy what we love..
That's another yes here, and I also paid full price for my Madstad bracket. I am more that happy to support a niche manufacturer and help them survive the manufacturing behemoth's from the east.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
I'm a true capitalist, through and through. As far as I'm concerned, charge what the market will bare. As a buyer, I look for as good of deals as I can find. Having said that, if a seller/merchant/retailer is willing to accept coupons, do sales, or sell at a discount, they are either making money on that sale or believe it will generate future sales or goodwill. There is nothing wrong with attempting to negotiate a better deal. I know I'm stating the obvious; but, when a seller and buyer agree to a transaction price, the rest of us can safely assume that both have made what is, to them, a satisfactory deal.

As a veteran, I try to take advantage of veteran/military discounts when I can. I don't feel I am owed them and I am appreciative and feel no guilt when I do get them. When I do want a $100 item, if a better deal is not immediately available, I buy it. It is a bigger drain on my overall satisfaction to wait 6 months or a year for that $100 item to go on sale for $90 or $95. Heck, I know a guy who will spend $20 in gas driving all over town looking for the best deal on something that costs $7 at one place, $6 at another, $8 at another and then drives back again to pick up the $6 one. More power to him and to each his own. Either way, I think he and I both walk away satisfied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts