StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a one tooth larger front sprocket on my 06 V Strom when first purchased and am thinking of doing same on my new '12. Wondering. Does the original sprocket have a rubber damper bonded into the unit? I seem to remember that on my '06. The after- market sprocket did not though and i think that caused a bit more Vibration.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I just looked in there and I'm 100% sure it does. Reduces chain noise I think. :confused: And I KNOW it's a PITA to get the OEM countershaft sprocket off. They use this orange lock tite that's pretty much like welding the sprocket on.

I was thinking of getting a 45 tooth rear sprocket instead of going +1 on the counter shaft sprocket. I know it would help with speedo accuracy. The OEM suzuki sprockets are very tough and last a LONG time. Very good sprockets.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i thought of a 16 tooth front sprocket but was unable to undo the allen bolt holding the speedo drive on the end of the sprocket shaft and was afraid i was going to do expensive damage ...so ended up putting a 44 tooth on the rear ...however i did have to take 1 link out of the chain .. which made my speedo accurate with my gps , but i do think the 45 tooth rear would have been better..

·
Registered
618 Posts
Heat is the key to defeating that lock-tite. A heat gun or soldering iron works well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts