StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted my 2005 VSTROM DL1000 for sale on this website a few months back. Since i had got the Vstrom i have had my share of adventures went on really bad dirt bike trails and survived them without a scar (a few on the Vstrom...but nuthin can dent it)...then went on couple of more than 1000 mile trip to all the places i could near in Virginia......
Then i got into a accident some kid bumped me from behind (this was the first time i had taken my GF for the ride that was 1500 miles n more)..and that was the point when my family got scared of my rideing and winter was on its way...so i got the bike to the dealer to get stuff checked..nuthing happend to the bike got a few more scratches to go along with.....and finally i thought that with winter near i need to get the Vstrom sold....

I got couple of calls for the Vstrom...was selling it for real cheap as i had put in 12000 in it totally with the additional stuff and the extra money for the financeing.....

so the deal went at $5750.00...i cleaned up the Vstrom and then just before the guy reached the outskirts of Philadelphia....i wanted to warm up the engine..i took it around the block and that was when i decided its not time for me to sell it.....heck i even thought i will take it to India for the whole country trip there.....I realized within 15 seconds of rideing the Vstrom what i was missing for the last month.....and that was it....

I still am a proud owner of Vstrom and will be for a long long time.....:)

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Congrats on your decision! ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
Congrats! I took my tiller for a last weekend spin before I sold it. Kind of like saying goodbye to a good friend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the buyer was royally pissed off.....he drove all the way from DC and was like half a hour from home....but the Vstrom was too good to leave at that moment....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts