StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doing a little tour around southwest Ontario with a buddy on the weekend of July 10 and we're looking for a cottage to rent. Anyone have any leads for us? Tried the web, but finding it a bit tough.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you try: Cottage Portal

My real estate agent lists his place here.
I tried it out but it wasn't very good. Thanks for the response, though. I ended up using a website called cottagesincanada and found a place in Port Stanley, so it's all good.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Places to eat, in order of my preference:
Nicer dining: Mickeys Boathouse, Kettle Creek Inn, Windjammer, Tapas & Grille
"Normal grub" : GTs, Roxeys, Buccaneers
"Basic Beach Fare" : Mackies
Dessert: Harbourtown Fudge, Killer Desserts, Brodericks (for ice cream)

Prior to new owners taking it over, Tapas and Grille (Formerly: Me and Suzies) was THE PLACE for the best food. The owner was a world-class chef IMHO. Everything was mouth watering awesome. Now, it's ok, but not like it was.

My order of preference is GTs then Mickeys. For dessert: Habourtown. He makes everything, and I mean everything by hand... mmm. dang, now I want a turtle for breakfast. :)

As for riding roads around here... unfortunately, I think I'm in a dead spot on the Waterfront trail. West to Blenhem and East to Port Burwell is: meh... Long, flat, uninteresting roads. There are a couple of nicer short segments off the beaten path but not ones I'd ever travel just to ride. I dunno, maybe I'm just prejudice because I've lived, driven and ridden around here for a long, long time. I go far afield on my "days off" to find the "good roads".

Let me know from which direction you are coming and leaving and I can likely make a few detour suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts