StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi; We are on our way from Chicago to Buenos Aires and just crossed with the ferry from La Paz Baja to Mazatlan. There is no updated information about pricing on the sites;
Prices today as follows; 1900 Pesos each. If you can get a cabin 500 P for one w/o bathroom 700 P with bathroom. in addition you must get you temporary import document at the port or when you enter Mexico. $400.00 deposit on CREDIT CARD . It will be reimbursed when you leave the country.You don;'t need it for the BAJA. Our blog; motorcycleexplorers.posterous.com
Hope this helps you if you plan on running the BAJA.
Also have a question since i just bought the bike V (Strom 650); should it run on synthetic on or can I get away with a cheaper oil? Any words of wisdom?
Cheers, Willem

·
Registered
14,216 Posts
Use what ever oil makes you happy, everyone has their own preferences.
Interesting on the price of the ferry. How long of a boat ride is it? Being off of BAja, the weather would allow for sleeping on the deck temps wise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ferry sleeping accommodations

Yes ; you can sleep on deck but if you can afford it the cabins are a much better option and will guarantee you a good night sleep

·
Registered
11 Posts
BAJA

Hi,

I am planning on doing this trip in the near future, wondered if you had more information regarding riding through the baja, and when you got to the mainland.

StromStance

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't done that ferry for a while but I remember to Not go without a cabin w/toilet other wise you might be in for a (filty) surprise with the public ones

1 - 5 of 5 Posts