StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still fairly new to the Vee world so forgive this ignorant question. What should I expect the cost to be for tune up? The bike is a 2007 with 39,000 miles. I would like to have the valves done, throttle bodies adjusted and fuel filter replaced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
'07 Wee 15,000 Mile Check-up

I just took my Wee into the local dealer for the 15,000 check. This included checking the valves (no adjustment needed), new spark plugs, clean and adjust throttle bodies, oil and filter change, the air filter was OK, check and tighten the chain.
The total bill was $291. The engine seems to run a little smoother. I am good for another 15,000 miles.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The fuel filter is not a regular maintenance part. It is integral with the fuel pump and only replaced if the engine shows a lack of power at wide throttle openings and fails a fuel flow test. The regulator housing containing the filter is replaced and the part is $100-$125.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Greywolf I read in an obscure part of the forum that they are the same pump as a Suzuki Swift can be had for like 125 all together

·
Registered
22,309 Posts
my experience

minor service (oil change, filter, inspect bike, fasteners cables, linkage, wash bike ) runs $125-$150 every 3750 miles

intermediate service, includes all minor service items + plugs, clean AF, TBS, TPS, every 7500 miles runs $275-$325

major service includes all of above + valve inspection/adjustment every 15k runs $350-$400

Suzuki (alll manufacturers for that matter) could design it to take less time to get the plastics off

I don't mind payin the dealer, its more than covered by my business milage expense, my prices reflect a 15% discount, regular labor rate is $85

its hard to ferret out the exact price of routine service cause most of the time, theres something else like brakes or a tire or 2 or chain, sprocket(s) etc that brings the total bill up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
i'm doing valve check adjust for the second time. things going much EZr second time around. thinking i should do this on the side for $200. + parts..

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Greywolf I read in an obscure part of the forum that they are the same pump as a Suzuki Swift can be had for like 125 all together
That's certainly good info to know, but that part is just the pump, and does not include the housing which contains the filter. The fuel pump on a Vee rarely fails, but the filter usually starts to clog and restrict flow somewhere between 30-50,000 miles.

Bypassing the teensy stock filter and adding an external filter is by far the easiest, most effective, and cheapest way to deal with this issue (keep in mind we're in the Vee forum -- AFAIK, the external fuel filter modification does not apply to the Wee).

In any case, replacing the fuel filter is not a normal part of maintenance.

And, to actually answer the question, for about half of what a shop will charge to turn their pimply teenage wrench monkey loose on your bike, you can buy all the tools and materials to do it yerdamself, and I would bet you will do a far better job.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The external filter mod works on all Vees and pre 2007 Wees. 2007 and later Wee fuel pumps and parts are less expensive though.

·
Registered
22,309 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's reply. Sounds like I can wait on the fuel filter and just have the valves checked and throttle bodies synced.

This new technology is great but no always the easiest to work on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts