StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Excellent
did you get wet?
I'm waiting for my second pair as very pleased with the first pair - so comfortable.
Second ones are for warmer weather later in the year so no rush on them.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Put 420 km on today in a mix of light rain, sun and stupid wind. temps ranged 21c to 26c.
Stayed dry, comfortable - vents on the jacket arms worked amazing at cooling in the afternoon funnels air up the arms so slightly inflates the shoulders. Had a warm shirt on and really cooled me off....but it also funnels rain and not easy to close while riding. The same air flow gets mighty chilly inside when rain is mixed in. So zip them up at first sign of rain.

Neck closure is easy - no buttons to deal with ...snug velcro.

So high marks for both jacket and pants....my helmet purchase tho sucked majorly ....sooooo noisy and annoying Dlock strap
not recommended ...hoping I can return. Anyone know of a modular with ratchet strap.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Put 420 km on today in a mix of light rain, sun and stupid wind. temps ranged 21c to 26c.
Stayed dry, comfortable - vents on the jacket arms worked amazing at cooling in the afternoon funnels air up the arms so slightly inflates the shoulders. Had a warm shirt on and really cooled me off....but it also funnels rain and not easy to close while riding. The same air flow gets mighty chilly inside when rain is mixed in. So zip them up at first sign of rain.
View attachment 290373

Neck closure is easy - no buttons to deal with ...snug velcro.

So high marks for both jacket and pants....my helmet purchase tho sucked majorly ....sooooo noisy and annoying Dlock strap
View attachment 290374 not recommended ...hoping I can return. Anyone know of a modular with ratchet strap.
Well, this is the one I got from these guys. It has the Micro Buckle which I think may be the same as what you call the ratchet strap. P/J homologated so safe and legal to ride with it open. I THINK the North American one may not be rated as P/J and not sure if it has the Micro Buckle or D rings. That's why I got it from these guys - ECE 22.05 for the P/J & buckle and includes the Pinlock insert.

Edit: Oh yeah, I could get the HiViz yellow there that is not available in North America unless in the hi dollar optional paint scheme.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks - will check it out but that's a long way to return if no fit. They are available in Australia but $$$.
I know Bell fit me. I'm actually going to try something with the R-Jay if I can't return it.
Pretty sure this might work and can always return. 3 mm and goo sound absorption. Keep my Shure 215s in tight and knock back some resonance.

Ideally thin memory foam strips would work as well as the shell in the r-jay is not well damped at all.
I always fill the ear holes with 5 or 6 Howard Leight earplugs stuffed in a single 2x pack. Has worked well on other helmets....holds pressure on the Shures and damps resonance.

Last resort is ship my C3 from Canada along with some other care package stuff.

Reactions: slovcan

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Ah Easy-R letting me return the helmet for a size change- I requested a store credit ...we will see.. I think a Bell Revo XL will work ....have worn Bell for decades.

Bell Helmets locked their engineers in the lab and wouldn't let them out until they had transformed the Revolver helmet into a class leading modular helmet. When they resurfaced, the result was the stunning Bell Motorcycle Helmets to a new level of performance and rider comfort.

BELL REVOLVER FEATURES:
  • Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
  • Velocity Flow Ventilation w/ Flow Adjust
  • Redesigned Eyeport Seal
  • New Chin Curtain
  • Internal Sun Shade
  • NutraFogII anti-fog, anti-scratch UV protected shield
  • Lightweight composite polycarbonate alloy shell
  • Integrated speaker pockets
  • Contour Cut Cheekpads
  • Super stable aerodynamic signature
  • Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper
  • ClickRelease Shields
  • Removable and washable interior
  • Five-year warranty
  • DOT certified
  • Weight: 1750g
D-ring but I will live. I'm going to wait until I see how much to ship my C3 over. Have my old helmet and likely will buy that neoprene hood anyways.

2 out three low cost gear worked - HWK pants and jacket ...helmet not so much.

Reactions: slovcan

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got the second pair of HWK pants today for $37 - they were the cooler version, not waterproof with mesh panels in the thighs....knew I was taking a small risk with the waist size. They fit but just. Went to return, got approved, turns out Amazon.au has no return shipping point in Cairns so they just refunded me the money and I keep the pants. :hmm:

Actually tried them with the waist adjustment completely disconnected and they do fit ...will wear for around the house for a while to get them to stretch a bit. Have mesh panels in the thighs and shins and back of the knees which will make them much cooler. Only two pockets which is fine.
Half length zippers if you wear tall boots.

Like the striping and viz aspects.

They are no where near as good a pant as these which I'm very happy with in the lower temps this time of year and the feature set. Fantastic value.

Now just hoping the refund comes through on the helmet......ended up shipping my C3 to Cairns for $25 via slow boat.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Macdoc, I got the same HWK mesh pants last week and had the same issue a bit on the tight side and also too short. I tried them on a short ride and was a bit disappointed in the airflow.
In the end I sent them back, easy to do with Amazon here.
Overall it is surprising what you get,quality was decent and the protection seem good.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I knew mine were going to be tight on the waist as I ordered a size down but they seem okay now.
I'm a 30" inseam and both pairs were bang on. I have short boots.
Are you wearing anything under the pants? ...surprised the flow is not there. I wore them around the house the rest of the day and was very comfie. We'll see what happens riding.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I tried them both as an over-pant and just straight. As over-pant they were too tight but I could've used them with nothing underneath. I have a 32.5 inch inseam so my error, I should have gotten the 34inch length. I suspect that due to the short length and tightness the air couldn't flow as well as it should. I also found that the inner mesh liner together with the outer mesh kind of plugged things up. To be fair with the right size and length and on a longer ride things might be perfectly fine.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
First warm day and the pants are the treat plus the ventilation on the Jacket is a neat trick ...really funnels air over the shoulders and around the back where I always get sticky. 29c -85F ...sunny feeling very cool with the air flow both pants and jacket.
Mesh pants have very little space in terms of pockets but that's okay ...wallet and keys.
The heavier pants have loads of space ...cargo pant really.

Switched back to my old Tour Tech helmet and what a relief....really hoping I get the credit.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I ended up ordering the pants and jacket and they arrived a couple of days ago. I used their sizing chart for the jacket and went one size up on the pants from what I normally would wear so I would have room to use them as over pants.

Went for a couple of short rides yesterday and I must agree they are great value for the money. To my door here in Canada the total came to $187.51...astonishingly inexpensive really. I like them!!!

Thank you Macdoc for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Excellent ...I enjoy the gear every time I ride. I noticed I don't need my kidney belt as the pant design is so supportive. I will still likely use it on longer rides.

I am slightly suspect on zipper durability...we will see. Still have not got a wet ride with the jacket.

Company credited the helmet and I grabbed a tire I'm needing soon. Tweaked up the older R-jay helmet and ordered a new visor ...impressed I could get a visor on a 10 year old design.

Waiting on my C3 to arrive by slow boat.:sleep:

Reactions: gdrew

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I decided to return the mesh riding pants as they were a bit tight ( I knew I was taking a chance ) and they did not loosen up at all which is likely a good sign...- easy return and I will buy the correct size as I really like the pants and it will be warmer soon. Right now the original waterproof version is doing me fine in the mid 20s weather.
The pants were exactly the size advertised.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Took a flyer on these as my Air Glides are back in Canada and very impressed so far. Really like the adjustable velcro waist, adjustable thigh CE knee armor in the correct place and hip armor as well. $60 !!!!!

ALPHA CYCLE GEAR HI VIS CE ARMOR ALL PURPOSE MOTO SPORTS MOTORCYCLE PANTS.
DO YOURSELF A FAVOR ALWAYS WEAR HI VIS GEAR.
MAKE POWER SPORTS SAFE WEAR ARMOR MOTORCYCLE GEAR.
FEATURES:
  • 10 years Warranty motocross riding pants.
  • Detail Triple Stitching Moto Pants.
  • YKK Zippers dirt bike riding pants.
  • Tailor Fit True American Sizes Motorcycle Pants.
  • Adjustable for custom fit dual sports pants.
  • 600d Cordura pants.
  • 1200D Cordura On Impact Areas dirtbike riding gear.
  • Waterproof & windproof Motorcycle off road Gear.
  • Great for All 4 Riding Seasons touring trousers.
  • Breathable cargo pants.
  • CE Armor Motorcycle Pants.
  • Air Ventilation System for summer motorcycle pant.
  • Waist Connector Zipper for Motorcycle Jacket.
  • 3M Reflective Tape for Night Time Visibility Riding in Dark.
  • four External Zippered Pockets for Storage on the road.
  • Adjustable Snap Ankle Buttons with Zipper to Fit Over motorcycle boots.

View attachment 289552 View attachment 289553

Like them so much took a flyer on their Jacket as well as need something warmer than my mesh for riding here in tropical Australia in the winter. Now I can leave at first light without getting cold. I was actually slightly hypothermic the other day.
View attachment 289554
Needed some riding pants and thought I would give them a try, $ 38.00 US cant go wrong. Thanks for the recommendation.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Can you send a link for those ...and a report when you get them.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
NP can verify if these are the same ones or not but I have a pair of these

I find the quality is very good, especially when taking price into account. I have wore them most of the summer and would not hesitate to recommend them. Fit is pretty much normal. I never put the liner in and just wear them with armored riding shorts and knee pads. The only issue that I have is with my AS Tech 7 boots. The pants are too bulky to go inside and not quite wide enough to zip up the bottom so I just use the velcro. The would zip up with my Sidi Adventure Goretex boots.

I went down on a dirt/gravel forest service road at about 60kph and there is very little damage to the pants (a hole where my boot buckle was) and none to me.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
thanks for feedback ...especially a come off.

·
Registered
2019 DL1000A
107 Posts
Sure. Looks like same link as drrod posted.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Interesting pricing.
Amazon.ca - $40 Cdn
Amazon.com - $59 USD
That is a difference of some $27USD.
It would be worthwhile for US people to order from the Amazon.ca site

41 - 60 of 68 Posts