StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Mine were exactly as ordered in the case of the pants. Waist and leg adjustment is generous. Can't comment on the jacket yet.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Vstroming.....Your liner was built in correct?
Hey Macdoc. No, the rain liner is removable. Which makes them very comfortable for summer riding. It's funny, the light coloured pant with the fluorescent striping were $45 shipped and their exact pant in black were $70 lol The older I get the more I want to be visible on the road so I went with the light colour.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
My liner is not removable.
Good idea. I went with mostly white jacket for that reason. And with a white bike - why not :D

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Hey Macdoc. It's funny, the light coloured pant with the fluorescent striping were $45 shipped and their exact pant in black were $70 lol
I don't think they are the exact pants. I see the light colored ones are back on Amazon. They are the ones I bought.

As you can see, they have a zippers running in the yellow stripes which allow the whole flap to open up. The black pants seem to only have 1 zipper.

As an aside, the light colored pants at $45 Cdn are some $27 USD cheaper on Amazon.ca than the same pants on Amazon.com.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Crazy good pricing. The armour alone is worth more. $108 Australian for those. Might send my current ones back ang get those...cooler but can't find the correct size :(

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
It looks like they will become available again mid Aug. Maybe there will be more sizes then as well. Hope so. They are great pants for the price!! If I didn't have a closet full of jackets already, I would order one just to see what it is like.
Post a review of yours when you can.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Well they have a special on for $37 Australian shipped for 45 /32 Mesh. Given the range of adjustment on the waist I think I will grab a pair. They can be overpants. My 42-45 is half way through the adjustment. If I put the pants over the kidney belt then for sure they would fit.
OR they have 40-42 which means with the amount of adjustment might fit and be a bit slimmer.

Ordered the 40-42 - that waist adjustment is just a treat and so comfortable. Have to add something to the order. Damn $37 delivered ,,,

HWK is a newly established brand by motorcyclists for motorcyclists. We live in a country with many weather extremes where you can encounter roasting summer & freezing winters. This is where the team from HWK grew up so they understand the features and functions required for summer mesh motorcycle pants. Side straps with hook & loop for waist adjustability. Outer shell: Polyester 600D poly-fabric textile.100% breathable dirt bike pants. Micro-mesh lining and breathable membrane. CE armored pants knees and hip protectors hwk motorcycle pants with armor. Double reinforced safety stitching mens work pants. Two gigantic air mesh panels for air ventilation. Extra long side zips near the ankles to fit over motorcycle boots / motorcycle shoes. 2 external cargo-style pockets. Highly Reflective 5H Scotchlite piping for night time visibility. Top quality zippers. Waist connection zip to attach all hwk motorcycle jackets. If you're between sizes then please choose the upper size for easy fitting. These summer riding atv pants can also be worn on their own and also over biker jeans / motorcycle jeans. MAXIMUM QUALITY at MINIMUM PRICE: This a bargain, we bet that you would not be able to find motorcycle riding & racing pants at this price in the protective clothing or motorcycle accessories market. Please search on amazon for other hwk motorcycle jackets, leather vests , motorcycle chaps, two piece waterproof rain suits and motorcycle gloves. These can also be used as work pants, cargo pants for men, tactical pants or military pants. #HWK to join our growing community of moto enthusiasts :)
I can't buy tactical pants at those prices let alone with armor. o_O
Just love the fact I don't need a belt. Ordered a kickstand pad as well to get free shipping. Might help with the tight space I have to park and a bit better in gravel situations or in the wet.

·
Registered
1050xt Adventure
101 Posts
Can someone talk about the knee armor. Can it be adjusted and how ? For me most knee armor hits me in the shin (being short and all)...not very useful. Are there armor pockets on the inside where the armor sits and how much movement can you do with it.

Cheers
Vern

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can someone talk about the knee armor. Can it be adjusted and how ? For me most knee armor hits me in the shin (being short and all)...not very useful. Are there armor pockets on the inside where the armor sits and how much movement can you do with it.

Cheers
Vern
Hey Vern. Yes, they just sit in a pocket inside. It's the first thing I removed. I haven't found a pant where the knee armour doesn't shift and chafe up my shin/kneeand these were no exception. I yanked them out after the first full day ride. The hip armour fits perfect with little movement. Sizing is accurate. I ordered 36/34 which is my jeans size and they fit perfect.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
The knee armor is large CE and covers the knee - it is removable.
...I used to have the same issue. But the 30" inseam puts it where it should be. First pants I've found that do.

That said you could remove it and replace it with dedicated armor which I use on my tactical pants. Comfortable, light and I feel better protected than with the pants only but damn so nice to just pull the pants on for a short trip or to pool.
The Oneal looks bulky - it's not and very very light plus excellent padding and velcro. I don't really even notice it when riding. They are hinged at the knee and the top velcro strap holds the upper in place.
ONEAL PUMPGUN MX BLACK ADULT KNEE GUARDS
Something to be said for hard armor.

Dodgy pants but the knee armor saved the day on a green moss washout.

where the knee armour doesn't shift and chafe up my shin/knee
Motocross socks will cure that. I even have a really thin stretchy pair that has built in pebbles on the bottom for short walks without the boots. They have been very durable.

Reactions: Gert

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Took the CE armor out of the riding pants and nice to see the correct CE logo and construction and it is hinged top of knee and shin - I put some talcum on it to reduce any stiction.
Shaped like this - I'm sure the "hinge" will get a bit more flexible over time. Not the coverage of the PumpGun but hellish easier to deal with no straps.

Draggin CE Approved Knee Armour

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
[waterproof:] Always a lie from what I've seen.
Definitely a matter of interpretation at the very least. Exhibit A: Sena comm systems. "Well, they're weather resistant, but c'mon, you can't submerge them".

I'm gonna get rained on. A lot. I am not interested in excuses for fair-weather gear, especially gear that I'm wearing. Hypothermia is a thing!

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
Sure is ...no cotton!!!!
Really PVC gear is the only truly water proof gear and then it needs to be worn properly. The breathable jackets all get soaked on the outside. Mind you my Scott 4 season jacket was truly waterproof but hot to wear.

Next week for a wet test on the HWK pants.

The talcum powder really made a difference

·
Premium Member
2021 Tiger 900GT, '14 Vstrom 1000 gone but NOT FORGOTTEN!
2,377 Posts
I purchased these pants on Amazon after following the link at the beginning of this thread. I ordered them on Saturday, and they were delivered via USPS on Monday! The pants are obviously a Chinese knock off, but they appear to be made well and well thought out. I will be wearing them for the NEVA 21 rally this weekend. For $60 I thought I would take a chance. The pants are much cheaper than my $750 Motoports.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Not sure who they are "knocking off"...I actually think they are Pakistan origin and certainly with some first world rider influence on features and sizing.
511 tactical pants fit to size and have good innovative features but you pay for that.
So do the HWK but at insanely cheap prices. You can barely buy the CE armor in them for as cheap as the whole jacket.

We'll see if they are as durable as the 511s. My Joe Rocket mesh jacket has been going for nearly 20 years and my Airglides for 10. Good materials and zippers.
I'm just happy I can afford both a summer mesh pant AND a cooler weather pant that fit with features I really like...plus a matching jacket ...$200 out of pocket in Australia. o_O

I'm putting on 600-1000 km a week in the twists and winter (now ) is 18c to 25c so pretty much 365 riding weather. We'll see how they hold up.

Appears a US company

Of course they are sourcing overseas.

The CEO is just a kid ...
Chief Executive Officer
Company Name
ORTID LLC Full-time
Dates Employed Aug 2018 – Present
Employment Duration 3 yrs 1 mo
LocationNew York, United States

• Developed and launched 50+ products on Amazon successfully
  • Creation of 3 new niche brands in Sporting Goods and Motorbike industry

·
Registered
17 Posts
As to how they do it, China has some rather suspect labor practices these days
This. If you are ever wondering how your gear is so inexpensive, when it requires a lot of hand labor to put it together, remember that there's someone or many, many someones in the supply chain who are getting screwed. Mind you, that may also be true for the expensive gear depending on where it's made - it's not just China.

- Spad

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a pair of their mesh pants a few months ago. I don't think they are available anymore (at least not shown on their site). For the price, they are very good. Well made with decent material. Certainly good bang for the buck.
These are back in stock..

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Very chilly at 14C on the deck working online and pants are comfortable enough to work in. ( no heat in tropical houses )
🥶
•••

Don't conflate low wages for other countries with exploitation. Cost of living is low as well. Really depends on management. Many fabric companies are highly automated.
If I have a gripe it's high priced brands using the same low cost labour.
Customer exploited.

Reactions: DesertBike

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Got the jacket which fit perfectly ( 4xxl) and the 2xl Helmet.
$232 US shipped with tax.

My only downside is no ratchet on th4 helmet.

in lockdown so can't tell you about rain performance for a few days.
The liner will be nice for sitting out on the porch at 2 am slaving away online.

·
Premium Member
2021 Tiger 900GT, '14 Vstrom 1000 gone but NOT FORGOTTEN!
2,377 Posts
Just came back from N.E.V.A. The pants were outstanding. Very happy with them, and am contemplating purchasing a second pair.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts