StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post here... Just picked up a '13 Wee last week. It came with Givi crash bars and a Cosmo skid plate, not installed. Installed the crash bars, and that went well. However, the Cosmo skid plate is not fitting. Wondering if this is the wrong one? If I try to install it behind the crash bars, then it hits the exhaust pipe. It looks like it will mount in front of the crash bars if it wasn't hitting the clamp assembly. Any ideas? Maybe I did something wrong, but I don't see how?

This shows it hitting the pipe if its mounted behind the bars

This shows that when its hitting the bars, its nowhere near the rear bracket

this last image shows that if I put the skid plate in front, it conflicts with the bracket for the bars. I could modify the skid plate and make this work, probably... but would prefer it was done right

thanks!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Looking at the installation instructions pdf file (Skidplate), perhaps install the rear bracket first but do not tighten down as yet. This will allow the skid plate to move freely. Once the rear section is in place, you can see how much the plate overlaps the crash bars. Remember to tighten down the rear bracket once all installed. Post a pix or two if you still have a problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gert, thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned I have the rear bracket on. You can see it in that second pic.

I've found what could be an issue... the PO said the Givi crash bars are TN532's.... according to Revzilla those are for a '04-'11 model, not a '13 (what i have).

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If the crashbar has somehow managed to be fitted successfully to your ride, as it appears in your pix, then why not frabricate a new bracket that will allow for the skidplate to attach to the crashbar?

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
He did well to get the early bars on the later bike.

I tried once and could quickly see problems ahead so pulled out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rolex.. They went on fairly easy, but now I see they rub on a coolant hose. What problems did you foresee?

Gert... that is one option that I was considering... but i don't like that the bars are rubbing a coolant hose. And, it would be a hack job after I was done:LOL:

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
They were hitting the motor, on the head cover where the cam sprocket lives, it is bigger/higher on the later motor.

The bars I was fitting were used, they came from my Wee and they got lots of work if you know what I mean.

I was in a paddock at my farm at the time with limited tools so I decided to have a beer and the mate could live without my old bars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts