StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
I was through there recently. Visited Mesa Verde National Park and took a ride up to Telluride via Lizard Head Pass. The little I saw was spectacular. The four corners would be hard to beat as a place to live/explore. Maybe a little warm in the summer.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never been so blessed to be able to return to my hometown of Cortez after 40 years. Riding is so amazing. Very close to Utah and places like Canyonlands UT or Telluride. Might be a bit colder but I've heard there's a bunch of adventure riders here that go to UT and NM to ride in the winter. How can you beat that? And unlike Denver, you go into the mountains here and you're alone--except for hunting season and a few tourists in the summer.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Camping at the KOA in Cortez and a couple trashy little run down motels and walking to a few good eateries has me liking the place.
Riding up from 4 Corners is always a pleasure. After the desolation of the desert, the rich green fields and fat cows and horses munching away is a welcome sight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sweet, I'm in Grand Canyon, and I'd love to move closer to Cortez/Durango. Make sure you ride Indian Route 13 from Red Valley to Lukachukai on the Navajo Res. The maps say it's dirt, but it's beautiful blacktop and spectacular views of both the San Juans and desert to the east, and painted desert to the West.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Make sure you ride Indian Route 13 from Red Valley to Lukachukai on the Navajo Res. The maps say it's dirt, but it's beautiful blacktop and spectacular views of both the San Juans and desert to the east, and painted desert to the West.
I'll give it a shot for sure. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts