StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you missed it elsewhere, raceratb is in the process of making black dials in KPH for the DL650. (I think he made them, saw a mistake on them and is redoing them.)

He says he should be shipping in a couple of weeks.

If you want to order (I did) his web site is:

http://www.raceratb.com/austin/car/dl650.htm

..Tom

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi All,

The dials took a while to come as raceratb had to re-print them. He kept me posted as to the delays so that was no biggy.

Once he he them re-printed he sent them quickly. They look pretty good! I have had them for a week or two but just got around to installing them today. I found it a little fiddly getting the speedo out of the bike (more skilled people than me would not have had any issues I am sure) but the procces was fairly straight forward.

The great new is that the speedo is now dead on! I checked at speeds from 40 kph to 120 kph (with my gps) and there is basically no error in my speedo now.

If it says 100, I am doing 100!

..Tom

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I got one of the first batch he made. The install is a bit of a pain but not too hard. It is getting easier now that the replacement he sent is installed.:rolleyes: Austin did inform us that there was a problem with the calibration of the first one and sent the second one priority post when they were ready. I can't imagine that he is making a bundle on this so it is real nice to see them available.
If it says 100, I am doing 100!
Since there is still too much snow between my workshop and dry pavement it is nice to know that they work!!! A couple of days of nice weather should put me back on the road so I can see it myself:-D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts