StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Dl-650 and I'm looking for a centerstand. I have heard of cornering clearance issues with centerstands... Has anyone had this problem with their's; stock, Motech, or Hepco & Becker. So far I'm leaning more towards the Hepco & Becker...but I'm not sure how it will stand up :mrgreen:

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The OEM stand does limit clearance on a left turn. It even comes with a longer peg feeler to warn the rider of impending touchdown before it happens. The SW-Motech has less clearance straight up so offroaders are wary of it. I have no H&B details except Adventure Motostuff uses it on their project bike which I would consider an endorsement. The SW-M they used to have on it is on my bike now. I stay on paved roads.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have the OEM centerstand and love it. I ride pretty hard and I'm grinding away at the pegs before the center touches down. Offroad the OEM stand is great. I prefer it to my buddies aftermarket stand which he has had serious issues with offroad.

-GW

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
No issues with the OEM!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
No probs at all with the H&B. Based on some straight-edge measurements, I seriously doubt it can scrape before the peg does.

Here's a pic of mine installed:

Not sure about the OEM or others, but with the H&B, you lose 1 1/4 inches of clearance, right at the crossbar (lowest part of picture above).

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,040 Posts
I have the OEM and it ground pretty hard on the left side. Took the rubber stop off that came with it and RTV'd a thin strip of rubber in it's place. Only about 3/16" difference but back where it grinds on the foot stand it made a big difference.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I have the H&B, once your bike is on it, it stands a little taller than the SW. Never have a problem scrapping, even with a load, I'm fairly diligent with my tyre pressures & preload though.
I have the tourances and so far there is less than 1cm to the edge left, still breaking them in.... :D
I also noticed a a drop in height clearance of about an inch right in the middle, however I don't do dirt bike trails, I do alot of fire trails though & have never had problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey all!

Thanks for all of the info! Thanks for the pic Scubadvr :) Hmmm, well I wonder how the H&B compares to the stock stand when it comes to upright ground clearance?....I'll have to try and find a photo. I don't plan on doing any hardcore offroading though...probably not much more than forest roads. Well, thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts