StromTrooper banner

Corbin Seat

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  domromer 
#1 ·
Does anybody have a Corbin Seat on their bike? I just ordered one. Other guys I know with them on other bikes say they are nothing like them. Just wondering about one on a V-Strom.

#7 ·
I have the two piece. I have a wide rear and it is nice on long rides. The seat is very firm which a lot of people think is bad. Squishy is only good for a short while though. I did and 8 hr day followed by a 7 hour day 2 weeks ago and only my wrist was sore the next day. My only complaint is that I'm a short fella and the wideness of the seat effectively raises the seat height. At stoplights I really feel the edges cut into my thighs. I'm considering getting a stock seat for commuting but wouldn't give up the Corbin for longer trips.

#8 · (Edited)
Corbin's are either love 'em or hate 'em. I love 'em, just got a used DL650 and it's the first thing I ordered, hoping it arrives soon. This will be my fourth bike with a Corbin and I wouldn't have it any other way. They're not cheap, but you get what you pay for.

Regarding height and width, they offer two seats, the modular and the Canyon, the first being a little wider and slightly taller, I believe. If you are height challenged on the bike, I'd look at the Canyon.

#9 ·
As others have mentioned, seats are highly subjective. That said, I've had
Corbins on my last 3 bikes, and love them. I bought a OEM Gel seat for for
Strom originally, and it was worlds better than stock, but after finding a deal on
a used Corbin, there's no comparison, it's perfect.

#10 ·
I put 1k on the corbin and hated it. To me it was a waste of money, it also didn't fit the bike without modification and came the factory with a ripped seam. That was my first and last corbin.

#11 ·
It arrived defective and they wouldn't even replace it at that point? I'm surprised to hear that, just on a general customer service basis I'd be pretty pissed.

That being said, the prior owner put a corbin on my bike, and having ridden the stock seat I wouldn't be able to bear it for a fraction of the time. I can gladly do 7-8 hours with basically no interruption, and while my knees stiffen up eventually, my fat behind doesn't feel tired out at all. Flatter, firmer, and more comfortable to my mind.

#12 ·
Corbin's are either love 'em or hate 'em.
And not only that...I've loved them on some bikes and hated them on others.

There's no way to predict if it will be right for you. Just try it. If you don't like it there's always another suck...errr, POTENTIAL BUYER out there.:mrgreen:

For the record -- and this has absolutely no relevance for anyone else -- I tried both Corbin and Sargent without gluteal happiness before settling on the Rick Mayer seat I now use.

#13 ·
They would take it back for repair, but the seat took six weeks to arrive after ordering. At that point I was done dealing with them. I used some shoe goo to fix the seam and trimmed the nose to make it fit the bike.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.