StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
711 Posts
Hi. How are you? (work with me...we'll get your post count up)

· Registered
163 Posts
I dont care about the seat, but get your posts up man. What years your bike? Did you find the corbin to be to hard? Most people do. I am going to get a sargent or seat concepts

· Registered
711 Posts
Not bad, chased a bear last night while shovelling the driveway. Actually I'd be interested in your seat if I was in the market. I had one on my last strom and I think I prefer it to the Sargent I have now.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 2006 dl650. I'm really liking it. I am more of a vintage bike guy, but do like having something to ride that you don't have to wrench on. I'm selling the corbin to possibly get a russell seat. The corbin is hard, but on some bikes I like that. I have the stock seat, a 1000 seat, and the corbin. Of the 3 I like the 1000 best.

· Registered
3,701 Posts
Hey there. I see you live in TN. Where in TN? I live in Bowling Green, KY (just 60 miles north of Nashville).
I'm in Jackson, 130 miles west of Nashville

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm in murfreesboro. About 25 miles south of nashville. Its a pretty good area to ride in. You're close to a lot of good varieties of riding. Being in Dallas this weekend reminds me how scenic TN can be. I like TX, but it is pretty flat and very brown this time of year.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I understand the no join to post. But once youve been a member for a while they should ease up on the restrictions. There are several things I would have like to have possibly bought ,but could not see the pictures due to my restrictions. So now I guess I will just clutter up the site to get my posts up.

· Premium Member
18 Posts
I have a 2006 dl650. I'm really liking it. I am more of a vintage bike guy, but do like having something to ride that you don't have to wrench on. I'm selling the corbin to possibly get a russell seat. The corbin is hard, but on some bikes I like that. I have the stock seat, a 1000 seat, and the corbin. Of the 3 I like the 1000 best.
^ Regarding the Russell seat: All too often I pick the cheapest product to a address a problem - and sometimes it actually works, but rarely. In an unusual moment of inspiration, I actually ponied up the coin for a Russell day long seat for my Wee. It is worth every penny...

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have no problem paying the money if I know it will work. Thats the problem, the uncertainty. I too like a Corbin on some bikes. It really depends on the seating position. More forward leaning doesnt bother me as bad. I recently had one on a Kawasaki W650 and I loved it on that bike. The stock seat was worse than the 650 strom stocker.

· Registered
1,262 Posts
The Corbin is sold. Just in case anyone wanted to know. I guess I am going to have to decide if the Russell is worth the money. Anyone tried an Airhawk pad?
I have two friends who have bought/used Airhawks. The first hated his and sold it shortly after he got it and invested in a Rick Myers. The second still has his and won't even consider letting me borrow it to try it. He loves it that much.

Different folks, different strokes I guess.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess it is all really personal preference. Most other issues when riding I can deal with. My hands go to sleep occasionally, knees cramp, and back gets stiff after a long day. But when your butt hurts, it can really make you miserable. That and being freezing cold are the worst for me. I guess with the russell the reason I am skeptical is because I have never had a seat on a bike that I could even think about sitting on all day. People that have them love them. You dont see them for sale used very often. That says alot!

· Premium Member
49 Posts
Thumbs Up On The Airhaw

The Corbin is sold. Just in case anyone wanted to know. I guess I am going to have to decide if the Russell is worth the money. Anyone tried an Airhawk pad?
With the stock seat my backside starts complaining about 45 minutes into my 1hr commute. I got a medium Airhawk this spring before doing a 1400 mile trip with my son down Skyline Drive, BRP, Smokies, etc. I was totally comfortable for our usual 250 - 300 mile days and felt fine on a 500+ ride the last day.

For me the most important thing is to minimize the inflation. All you are trying to do is eliminate hot spots, not sit on an air matress. I played around with the inflation level for a month or so on my commutes before going on the trip.

The down side - my style conscious son who rides a Z1000 says it looks like I have a diaper on my seat. Good thing you can't see it while riding! haha!

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I normally do about 200-300 miles on Sundays. Thats the day a friend and I always go ride. Sometimes I may do a few hundred solo. That length of time I can handle the stock seat but I have to move around a bit and reposition. My goal is to go out west this spring and I know this seat isnt going to be good for that. My biggest fear is paying the money for the russell and hating it. If it works it will be the best money ever spent. But if it doesnt....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.