StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a Corbin seat? Factory one seems to be losing comfort over time. They offer a tan leather with black piping that should look great on my bike. Thanks.

·
Administrator
13,816 Posts
Yes, but eveyone's Butt is differnt.

I loved it on my 2006 DL650 (Actually had two as I wore one out.)

On my 2012 DL650 there was an ordering screw-up (by a dealer) that meant it never got as comfy as it should and on my 2015 DL1000 it is way better than stock but I am going to send tit to Corbin over the winter to have it redone. (It very much may be that other health issues are making my butt too sensitive but I am going to have them add more padding.)

..Tom

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Has anyone tried a Corbin seat? Factory one seems to be losing comfort over time. They offer a tan leather with black piping that should look great on my bike. Thanks.
I haven't ridden one but I saw one parked at Sears Point. The owner wasn't around and I just barley resisted climbing on his bike. It looked really great (black with white piping). I've had Corbins on a couple of bikes and loved them. Cool company culture from Mike on down. Genuine bikers.

Curious, how many miles on you fading-comfort seat ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my corbin with heat, much more comfy for me anyway. Puts you farther away from tank and more room to move around. Have had this seat on 2 stroms and roughly 50000kms. No regrets here

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered a Corbin, bomber jacket leather for the seat, no welt, black snake faux on the sides and a light silver stitch and logo. They did what they call a nose job to lower the height a bit. It looks awesome on my white 015 1k. And it's more comfortable than the stock imo.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I've had a Corbin for a number of years. After about a year I had the pilot section re-padded with memory foam and it's been great since !!! :wink2:

·
Registered
60 Posts
last yr I picked up my 2nd Vee...rode the first one for 60,000+ miles and just wanted one a new color,lol.picked it up in fla and rode it back to nyc...it had a corbin seat on it..well it was the most uncomfortable 1,200 miles...it totally changed my seating position...the stock seat is still the best for me..luckily for me the seller still had the old stock seat and mailed it up to me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't ridden one but I saw one parked at Sears Point. The owner wasn't around and I just barley resisted climbing on his bike. It looked really great (black with white piping). I've had Corbins on a couple of bikes and loved them. Cool company culture from Mike on down. Genuine bikers.

Curious, how many miles on you fading-comfort seat ?
Just hit 13k on it. I love the Corbin on my BMW that I've had for 24 years, recovered once.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
last yr I picked up my 2nd Vee...rode the first one for 60,000+ miles and just wanted one a new color,lol.picked it up in fla and rode it back to nyc...it had a corbin seat on it..well it was the most uncomfortable 1,200 miles...it totally changed my seating position...the stock seat is still the best for me..luckily for me the seller still had the old stock seat and mailed it up to me.
Are you selling the corbin:confused:

·
Registered
525 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Corbin seat on my 04 DL650 was a great addition to helping reach the ground with my short stature. The deep saddle position provides great hip support and butt placement in the saddle. However after years of service the seat has become hard. I added seat bead pad to help a few years back but now I think its time for new foam. Maybe I can get it rebuilt this winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a Corbin on my Vee2, 8.5k mile this summer and really like it.
Get it heated though, when temps start to drop a bit, turn on the heat as soon as you crank the bike.
Settles your ass into the seat, a tad less stiff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts