StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you own a Corbin seat you probably know the answer to this question.

I got my new seat yesterday, no installation instructions at all and nothing I can see on the website about this. It had no rear seat pan bracket so I took that off my stock seat and bolted it on. Seat still won't lock down though, and it looks like it needs a hole drilled in the seat pan in the center of the bracket to make room for the thick alignment pin on the frame side to fit in it.

OK, needing the stock bracket is one thing but before I start drilling holes in my new seat maybe one of you geniuses with this seat could tell me what you have on yours. I don't think it matters but it is a 650. Thanks.

M

·
0 Posts
I added a Corbin. I mounted the bracket from the Stock seat and it locked right into place. Have you tried taking it off and reinstalling it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No hole?

Really? Mine just won't lock in. Is there a recess or hole in your Corbin where the bracket has that big hole in the middle?

·
Registered
195 Posts
i had to shim mine down with a couple washers then it snapped right in....may hafta experiment to get the thickness correct. other then the, enjoy the seat....makes a wonderful difference <tho i dont wanna start a "corbin vs" thread>?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Washers! I bet that will work for me, thanks for the advice.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,039 Posts
Washers! I bet that will work for me, thanks for the advice.
Have you tried putting the seat on and then setting on it to lock it in? If it will, you probably won't need the washers after you get some wear on the seat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Mine snapped right on after swapping out the mounts (as described in the instructions), but it's about 1/4 inch to long. The flap covering the backrest hole won't fit under the edge of the luggage rack

1 - 7 of 7 Posts