·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I have the Corbin.
I like it, but you need to understand that the Corbin is NOT plush.
The seat is relatively hard, some hate them.
I DO NOT hate them.

I have had a couple of Corbins on different bikes.
I like the one on my GL1800 the least, it has a 'funny' shape.Unlike the others, it is somewhat high in the middle. I am going to experiment, someday with adding some very firm foam toward the outside of the seat.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i've had my corbin for a week now and i love it! but then, i've been riding corbins only since 2002. my goldwing was the only bike i've had w/o corbin, and it needed it too. corbin is a hard/firm seat, but to log long hours, hard is better--for me anyway. and you can ride it for 10 years and still get half your money back. Deals Gap...i'll be there too. i'll camp there sat sept 1st, then to blue ridge mc campground ...last 2 nights sept 5/6 at Willville MC campgroud in Meadows of Dan Va. in between...HotSprings, Damascus, have to wait and see a couple hours before dark.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
My Corbin is working for me, and appears to have broken in nicely. I've done about 1500 miles on it now, did 200 coming in to work this morning, with no pain or discomfort to speak of, don't really think about the seat when riding now. Definitely worth it in my book, but I also make sure to get my money's worth by designing something unique. They charge the same price, might as well have some fun with it.

There is already a good 2012+ Seat thread rolling. Here is a link to the page that has pics of my custom seat and info about it.... http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/72619-2012-seat-16.html

Good luck with your decision, lots of options out there.

DSR650

·
Registered
220 Posts
I ordered the heated one. I was a little reluctant at first as I heard that the customer service was horrible. I placed my order and I actually found that the staff was very helpful and professional. Mine should be arriving within the first week in September. I can't wait! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
BAH! NEVER mind this post. I saw "corbin" and thought "sargent" seats. Damned brain.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just got in my new Corbin for the 2012. I'm still in full farkle mode, but when I put the seat on just to see it on the bike, it wouldn't click down and lock in like the OEM seat. Did anyone find that as an issue? I haven't addressed it since bike is still on the lift and doing other things. I've had to add spacers under the mount on other corbins in the past so just asking before I get to fixing this small thing.

JDP

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
It is a very tight fit initially, make sure the front tang is seated properly then push it down and click it in. Let it sit for a bit and come back to check it. The rubber bumpers form to the frame quickly and you'll be able to pop it on and off just like stock.

DSR650

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
mine was the same and i was totally PO'ed!!!! within 5 minutes i wsa on the phone with corbin. she was very nice and said this was normal for people like me that did not read the website. take the seat off and rub a little WD40 on all the bumpers. then carefully insert the two front clips of the seat into the keepers just aft of the tank. then give a little pus from the back of the seat vs straight down and it snaps right in. worked like a charm for me. each and every time since then, the seat has gone on perfectly with no problems.

·
Registered
438 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heated?

Has anyone ever had the heated Corbin? With the lack of control on the heat I'm curious if its too hot or what.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I tried everything to make it fit, but I finally put 3 washers under the connection posts on each side. Then the seat clicked in OK. I've had to do this on at least one other Corbin, so it is no big deal.

JDP

·
Registered
220 Posts
Has anyone ever had the heated Corbin? With the lack of control on the heat I'm curious if its too hot or what.
I have the heated seat. It does not get too hot. I tried it out when it was only 11 degrees one morning. After 30 minutes, I had to turn it off, not because it was too hot, but rather that it wasn't required. I will test it out a bit more and add it to my mini review when it gets a bit colder

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has anyone has tried the new Corbin seat yet? I'm planning about a week long trip to the Deal's Gap area starting the day after Labor Day. The seat by itself is about $500, wondering if it's worth it.

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Suzuki V-Strom 650 | 800-538-7035
Not when u can get a Russell All Day for the same money approximately. Then again I'm biased since I just got my RDL and it is the best seat I've seen for a retrofit. Very comfy seat and its not even broken-in yet!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts