StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After waiting for 2 months I finally received my heated Corbin seat for my V2. Today I wanted to throw it on and take a ride to see how I like it. Easier said than done. After installing the harness for the heat I plugged it in and it turned right on. Now it's time to lock it into place. It won't secure into the latch. I look around to see what's causing this and see that my SW Motech steel top rack is pushed into the seat not allowing the seat to move far enough back to lock into position. I had to remove the top rack and have a shop grind down the front of the rack where it hit the seat. While in the process of removing it I stripped the head of one of the cheap M8x1.25 that secures the front of the rack. I now had to go buy an extractor kit and spend an hour or so removing that dang bolt. (Below is a pic of the top rack before and then after getting it ground down) After I dropped the top rack off I decide to go for a ride now that the rack is removed and I have to wait for the shop to finish it. I tried to lock it into place and once again it won't lock in. It felt like something is underneath in the center of it preventing the rear of the seat from locking in. After some aggravating tinkering I installed 3 washers underneath the metal plate with the male connectors that go into the lock mechanism. That gave it enough extra space to lock into place but still with force. I'm hoping that over time it reshapes itself with more of a bend allowing it to click in easier because at the time I'm afraid to take it back off. So something I thought was going to be pretty much "plug and play" turned out to be a project. ImageUploadedByMO Free1448063035.891569.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1448063051.398926.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1448063062.821781.jpg

Edit: Thanks, V-Tom, for your help today!

·
Administrator
13,814 Posts
Glad to be of help! I hope something I said actually helped you!

Did it all get sorted out after you got it back from the shop? Did you double check on stuff interfering under the seat?

..Tom

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to be of help! I hope something I said actually helped you!

Did it all get sorted out after you got it back from the shop? Did you double check on stuff interfering under the seat?

..Tom

Hey Tom,

Yea all is fine now and I finally seen that info you told me about having to put spacers between the seat locking prongs to space it out a little. I didn't know this was a normal part of the initial installation. I didn't install the top rack back on yet but I do know it won't be pressed into the back of the seat any more. There's no doubt in my mind anyone else who has a V2 with a SW Motech top rack who tries to fit a Corbin seat, will have to grind the rack down. Thanks again buddy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts