StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a Corbin on loan to evaluate, and I can't get the :furious: thing to sit down on the frame. It won't clear the DL luggage rack casting. It seems to need to slide about 1/4" farther forward into the tank, but it won't. I tried to fit it with and without the latch pin plate.

The seat was originally on a 1000 which wrecked, but I don't se any signs of damage. It is definitely not twisted.

Ideas?

Glenn

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Later model DL650s have a coolant reservoir under the rear of the fuel tank that the older Corbin seats hit with the leather covered slats in the front. Those slats need to be shortened. Also, the wire helmet holders under the seat were moved in 2007 and older Corbin seats have rubber blocks that hit those wires. They may need to be cut off.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yet again... Thanks, Greywolf.

Glenn

Later model DL650s have a coolant reservoir under the rear of the fuel tank that the older Corbin seats hit with the leather covered slats in the front. Those slats need to be shortened. Also, the wire helmet holders under the seat were moved in 2007 and older Corbin seats have rubber blocks that hit those wires. They may need to be cut off.

·
Registered
260 Posts
even with removing the items under the seat, the older corbin does not fit very well at all on the 07+ bikes, just a forewarning before you start ripping up the bike. I learned the hard way

1 - 4 of 4 Posts