StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no doubt that the instructions for how to post a link to another Stromtrooper thread in a Stromtrooper thread exist somewhere on the website but I can’t find them. Can someone direct me to where the directions are located?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Sometimes I have to go to the link and copy the address from the search at the top of the page.
Sometimes stuff won't copy to another page, like an emoji that I may find pertinent.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was having a brain cramp; I see what I was doing wrong now.

For example, I was trying to copy something like this:

Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums > Rules, Forum Support, Help and Information [NOT FOR MOTORCYCLE RELATED QUESTIONS]

instead of trying to copy the “Stromtrooper.com” link at the very top of the page. Apparently I was suffering from a temporary case of old timers disease.

Thanks for the reminders of how to do it the correct way.

Bikeflyer

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,150 Posts
There is another way, and it is especially nice to use when pasting other links into posts where you don't want two lines of code showing.

Looks like this:

Stromtrooper Rules

This is exactly what is above, but I left out the = sign after the first url so you can see it in detail. Put back in the = and it will work. Whatever address after the equal sign is where it takes you. What you write between the columns can say anything.

[urlhttps://www.stromtrooper.com/rules-forum-support-help-information-%5Bnot-motorcycle-related-questions%5D/415677-copying-pasting-link-another-stromtrooper-thread.html]Stromtrooper Rules[/url]

[url= Compare to above before where you see https: This is where the = goes Put that back in and you get the blue highlighted link above.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,150 Posts
You get 3 atta boys for that!

This is very handy to learn. Makes your post a lot neater.

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Sometimes I've gotten an image to display, other times I can only get the link.
Not a big deal but having to chase a link doesn't have the same effect as an image.

·
Super Moderator
5,182 Posts
The BB Code is what you need to find. Put your image in the Gallery here, or your favorite 3rd party hosting site and view the full-sized image (not the thumbnail) and copy the BB Code, and then paste that code into your post.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
+1 for using the gallery on this site. Most of the 3rd party sites, one has to 1st log-in in order view any attached pix or get held to ransom to release the pix. Ends up making the thread where these pix are required to be displayed, as useful as t_ts on a boar. And that is a pity, as most often it is very helpful information that is lost. Keeping it on this site, saves those pix for other forum users to view, for years to come.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts