StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im changing the coolant on my 2006 DL1000. The manual says 2 liters is in there. 2 liters came out. That doesnt seem like a lot. Is there more in there? Have you disassembled one of these? I know theres more oil at disassembly. Is there more coolant? Im asking cause Im changing to DexCool. Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
That's only 200ml shy of an initial refill of a dry new engine. It seems about right.

·
Registered
40 Posts
About 250 ml coolant left after change

Hi All,

Carefully drained the coolant by pulling off the radiator pipe then draining the last bit through the drain screw.

I'm about 250ml short of the specified full 1900ml when topping up despite gently squeezing all the pipes.

Can top up again when I get the bike back on the road next year, but was just wondering if this is usual.

Cheers,
Nordkapper

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you fill the expansion tank? That might be responsible for the last bit of it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you fill the expansion tank? That might be responsible for the last bit of it.
Goiod question and yes I did. Absolutely filled the system. I'll just have to wait until next year then check the level very soon after starting it again.

Cheers,
Nordkapper

·
Premium Member
658 Posts
You got it about right. At least you read the metric capacity. The manual and dealers will tell you 4 quarts.

An the new Suzuki coolant has a nice blue color.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts