StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd post a bit about what I have been doing lately.

I installed the Panasonic XMP3 player . It is a portable, stand alone, XM player that doesn't have to be in a cradle, but it works really well in one. This is run through my Autocom Super pro AVI. This system has the capability to do auto volume control (based on a small mic that senses wind noise). As wind noise increases, volume increases. The problem is, XM doesn't put out a very strong signal, so I got an amplirider. This is a 12v amp (like a boosteroo), but it has a remote volume control. Finally, I wanted to be able to "mute" the system, so I disconnected the headlights from the "pass" switch used it to control a "push on/push off circuit" which powers the amplirider. Everything is powered with my Easter Beaver "3 circuit solution"

I also built a "poor man's RAM ball mount for my GPS as described in a thread here on Stromtrooper (do a search). The total cost was about $10.

Here is the dash with the XM and the GPS mount:

This is under the seat. It's really neater than it looks in the pic:

This is the circuit for the push on/off switch:

·
Registered
26 Posts
I know this is an old post but I need to add my thumbs up to this product as well. I wanted to use my xm radio when I ride and couldn't figure out how to wire it. This amp works perfect for that or an Ipod. I found the volume on my Ipod could not be controlled when I had my gloves on. The amp solves that issue.
I am not affliated with the company in any way.

Welcome to Electric-Avenues.com - The AmpliRider

1 - 2 of 2 Posts